Chapter 3: Be Afraid

In the middle of the technologically advanced city Halaryn, stood the Citadel. The home base of Infinium. This tower is the accumulation of years of technological research and militaristic planning. The perfect fortress for the Director of Infinium, Jay, who had his office built at the very top of the tower.

The very same man who was currently staring at a hologram reconstruction of how one of his agents found it appropriate to disobey his orders. And those orders he had tried so desperately to drill into their heads. "Leave Apocalyptic Returning alone, you did hear tell them that, right Hellman."

Jay turned around to face Hellman. "I said that right. And what does Hook do. He fucking kills Deadeye right in front of three other members of Apocalyptic Returning." While running his hand through his black hair he let out a frustrated sigh.

"So, what are we going to do about him?" Hellman asked "And the situation he's put us in."

"Simple" Jay answered. "We're going to let that idiot face the consequences of his actions."

Swinging his arm to the side, Hook's chain pierced into Wolf's thigh. Upon pulling the chain back, Wolf came flying toward him. He then jumped forward and punched Wolf into the ground. Before Wolf could jump back up, he was jerked across the ground and dragged back to Hook.

Wolf threw his knife at Hook but was deflected by the chain. After being jerked toward Hook through the air, Hook hit him with a clothesline into the ground. Raising his foot into the air, Hook slammed it down onto Wolf's chest multiple times. Once satisfied with the number of kicks delivered to Wolf, he kicked him to the side.

"The boss is scarred of these fucking losers?" Hook said after turning his sights to Rika.

As Rika tried ever so desperately to heal Deadeye, Hook appeared behind her. Before Rika could react, Hook grabbed the back of her head and slammed her into Deadeye's body. He then grabbed her by the leg and tossed her into a piece of concrete. After that, he walked over to her and grabbed her by the throat.

"Pathetic" Hook hissed as he raised Rika into the air. As he was tightening his grip on her throat, a sudden shockwave of energy from behind sent chills down his spine. Turning his head slightly, he saw Musashi and Pyro dashing towards him. While he was distracted, Wolf suddenly delivered a powerful kick to the side of his head.

The kick sent Hook flying towards Musashi. Swinging his sword, Musashi slashed through the chain and down into Hook's shoulder. Musashi ripped his sword out of Hook's shoulder as an inferno exploded into him. Walking through the fire, Pyro raised his hand and shoved it into the wound on Hook's shoulder.

A wave of fire flowed down Pyro's arm and exploded upon reaching his hand. The explosion blew off Hook's arm and sent him flying to the side. Before he could hit the ground, Wolf phased above him and kicked him into a tree. Hitting the tree hard enough to crash through it, Hook then hit the ground in defeat.

With only one arm and irreparable damage to his exosuit, the mere thought of getting back up was impossible. At least it was until a single thought ran through his head. Turning his head slightly, Hook laughed as Musashi walked towards him. With all the energy he had left he muttered a single word.

"Overdrive"

An explosion of green energy was let out from Hook's exosuit, destroying the jungle around him. His exosuit began branching out, replacing the arm he lost. A new chain formed of green energy wrapped around the wrist of his new arm.

His once damaged exosuit fully recovered and far more than ready for another round of combat.

Overdrive, the ultimate ability of any exosuit user. Upon activation the full potential of an exosuit user can be harnessed for a limited time. Their exosuits abilities enhance and recovery time for any damage done is increased vastly. The energy output of the exosuit multiplies tenfold leaving the user multiple times stronger than before.