Chapter 4: Seedling of Chaos

Jumping off a branch, Reyshin and Hyro landed on the floor beside another exosuit user. A moment later, the exosuit user carrying Hook landed behind them. The exosuit user placed Hook down against a tree and squat down to be at his level. Raising their hand, they placed it up to his face and purple energy began to integrate into Hook's exosuit.

The infection of purple energy spread throughout Hook's entire exosuit then seemingly disappeared. His green energy fluctuated for a moment before steadying and returning to normal. In that time Reyshin walked up behind them and watched what was happening with Hook.

"Are we finally getting out of here sir?" Executive Jackal asked from behind the exosuit user and Hook. Jackal had orange energy flowing though his black exosuit. Covering his head was a carved pumpkin made of orange energy.

"Where is Executive Faraday?" The exosuit user in the white robes asked.

"Quite definitely deceased by now." Jackal stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

"And why would that be?" The exosuit user inquired.

"On our way back, we might have run into a certain exosuit user that possessed the ability of lightning." Jackal explained. "And Faraday might or might not have decided it to be a wise idea to fight, said exosuit user."

"For fucks sake." Hyro sighed. "And you just left him."

"Yeaaaaaa" Jackal ran on. "I prefer to live." He stepped back as the robed exosuit user stood up and turned to face him. "I may be strong, but not that strong. Fighting with "him" right now would be nothing more than suicide."

"Shut it Hyro." The white robed exosuit user said as Hyro tried to talk again. "Jackal made the right decision. It is not his fault Faraday's let his desire for revenge get the better of himself. So, if you are all done bickering with each other, let us all continue off this battlefield before any more of you are killed."

Putting his hand up to his face, Scout stared down at Elise through his fingers as his exosuit repaired itself. "Ready or not." He said as a knife made of energy formed in his hand. "Here I come!" Teleporting beside Justice, he stabbed her in the thigh. He then drew back his left arm and sent a powerful punch into her face.

While Justice stumbled back, Elise jumped over to Scout and sent a jab towards his face. Teleporting down, Scout sent multiple jabs into her body then a final one into her chin. As Elise stumbled back disoriented from the attack, Scout teleported behind her and outstretched his foot to trip her.

Once Elise was on the ground, Scout raised his hand into the air. Energy began to fluctuate above his hand until it morphed into the shape of a cleaver. After grabbing the cleaver, he began to laugh and dropped onto Elise. Making good on his promise, he began to hack at her left arm.

After a considerable amount of hacking, Scout teleported the cleaver to his other hand. With his free hand, he grabbed Elise's mangled arm and in one good pull, ripped it off in a bloody mess. But that was not enough for him as after that he started hacking at Elise's remaining arm.

Screaming in pain, Elise tried to struggle against Scout to no avail. All her struggle did was piss him off, resulting in him sending multiple punches into her face. Luckily for her he was only able to get in a few punches before a beam of light hit his back. This beam of light came from Justice, who was limping toward Scout, hands aimed at him.

"Was that supposed to hurt." Scout laughed while teleporting behind Justice and backhanding her to the ground. "Bunch of fucking amateurs." He mocked while sending his foot into Justice's stomach. With her out of the picture, he was finally able to get back to Elise, who was trying to crawl away.