Chapter I: Mile High (Pt.1)

It was still the night Naomi had been attacked. After realizing Avarice now had an entire team to combat ours, I had a sinking feeling that we were running out of time.

      That night I fell asleep trying to think about Lust as I did with Life and Joy to find Michael and Naomi.

      As usual, just as I slipped away, I felt a response, indicating it'd worked.

      I dreamt of being on a cloud. A dark one with flashes of lightning, yet somehow, their presence wasn't ominous.

      In the distance, I heard noises and music coming from behind a wall of clouds. On the wall was a sign that read "Mile High". As I moved closer to investigate, the sounds became clearer.

      First, there was light laughter. Then, there was something more...like a distant humming.

      Upon gazing behind the clouds, I saw many people dancing and clinging to one another.

      At first glance, everything seemed normal, but as I continued to watch, I noticed that the distant hums were actually sounds of pleasure. Sounds that usually wouldn't come from dancing.

      For some reason, I only then noticed that everyone was naked. Looking down, I saw that I was naked, too, causing me to immediately fall to my knees as I tried to cover my body.

      Suddenly, there was an electric buzz in the air that sent a tingling sensation throughout my entire body.

      In the middle of the area before me materialized a featureless pink figure. When I felt its gaze lock onto me, it began moving forward.

      Couples collapsed as it passed by them. Some fainted completely.

      As it approached me, I felt what can only be described as an exhilarating high from simply being in its presence.

      But that was nothing compared to actually touching it.

      When it reached out a hand to lift me to my feet, the contact instantly made my knees weak, resulting in the figure swinging an arm around my back and pulling me closer.

      Now in complete contact with its intoxicating presence, my mind began to blank, but I felt an irresistible urge to at least get a kiss before blacking out.

      The figure must've sensed what I was thinking as it tilted my chin up and leaned in slowly.

      As our faces drew closer, I started to hear an unintelligible droning sound in the distance.

      "....a."

      I ignored it; my mind focused on one thing.

      "..saaa," it said a little clearer this time.

      I continued to ignore it. Just a few more seconds now...

      Just as the figure's lips were about to touch mine, it stopped and, in Viraa's voice, spoke.

      "Lissaa!"

      I suddenly woke, abruptly sitting forward in my bed, covered in sweat as I breathed heavily and my heart raced. I looked around, confused for a second, before remembering where I was.

      Sorry to interrupt your dream in such a manner, but your heart rate was dangerously high, Viraa said.

      Standing in the doorway of my room were Michael, Naomi, and Trik, each looking either concerned or confused.

      "You okay?" Naomi asked. "I could hear your heart beating really fast, so I rushed over."

      "Plus, your spirit energy kept spiking," Trik added with a digital eyebrow raised.

      "I'm fine," I responded, feeling a little embarrassed. "What time is it?"

      "7:15," Trik stated.

      Thank God it was time to get up.

      After showering, I met everyone in the dining hall for breakfast and informed them that the Lust Primordial was somewhere called Mile High.

      "The closest I could narrow it down from the internal feeling of my dream is somewhere in or over California," I told them.

      After searching it up, Trik quickly found a club in Los Angeles that went by that name.

      "Oh right, Damien owned a club a few years ago," Naomi said aloud as she looked at pictures of it online.

      Damien, huh? Well, at least I don't have to guess the name.

      "Finally, a short trip," Trik commented as we prepared to leave.

      "Michael, you mind staying behind?" I asked him as we stepped outside the building. "Just in case Avarice tries to use us being gone to attack here."

      "Hm. That would be wise," he acknowledged.

      "Thanks," I said.

      "You ready now?" Trik said impatiently.

      "Yeah, ready," I said as I pulled out my compact board.

      Thirty seconds later, we were flying high, heading west.

      We flew at speeds around 400 miles per hour, so it took less than an hour to get to Los Angeles.

      Once we arrived, it wasn't hard to find the club. When we reached its address, we saw that, like many buildings nowadays, it was located high in the sky over an antigravitational port on the ground.

      Unfortunately, unless we wanted to crash in, we couldn't just fly up since the entrance was within an electromagnetic barrier connected to the one used to raise and lower the platform that brought people up and down.

      So, we had to wait in line for a couple of hours.

      Finally, it was our turn. When we got onto the platform, it ascended quickly, but still, we could take in a fantastic view of the city. The ground city buzzing beneath the sun below, and the dozens of floating structures above that seemed to touch the clouds.

      It was unbelievable to think that at one point in human history, floating estates didn't exist. Now, it's a regular part of human society.

      Once we arrived at the Mile High Club, inside, we saw that it was larger than a football stadium, and the building was split into different smaller clubs.