Chapter XX: Panther and Wolf (Pt.2)

Damien was great at remaining silent when he wanted to. While walking through the vegetated portion of the island heading toward the base, he was sure to suppress his energy and not make a sound. Not even a twig snapping.

      He scanned the area, searching for any signs of Tymon as he walked, but unsurprisingly, Tymon was just as skilled at hiding his presence. It was only by chance that he bumped into a tree growing over a wall of the base that Tymon happened to be perched on. At first, Damien couldn't see anything in the tree, but the more he stared, the more a silhouette became more distinct to him until he could discern enough of a figure to know it was Tymon.

      Damien darted up the tree with an insuppressible smile and popped up next to Tymon, observing the Holders below.

      Tymon reflexively grabbed Damien's forearm with enough strength to cause a small amount of pain to him.

      Damien winced, surprised by this. Although that in and of itself was proof already, he quietly scanned Tymon for any signs of being affected by his ability, but there weren't any.

      So it's true...

      Tymon gave Damien a lingering side glance. Then, a look of recognition set in as he loosened his grip and let go.

      "It's Damien, right? Or did you go with a different name this time?" Tymon asked as he redirected his attention to the Holders.

      Damien was momentarily shocked Tymon knew his name until he remembered.

      "Right, you have memories from your previous life. Yes, it's Damien. I'm here to help."

      "I don't need any help," Tymon said flatly.

      "I don't doubt that, but if you have something planned, you'd better do it soon because trouble is coming."

      Tymon sighed heavily. While gazing at his side profile, Damien could see a twinge of sadness and a dark weight behind his eyes. Tymon no longer had the eyes of the innocent guy he'd been watching over for two years, making Damien wonder just how much Tymon had done – how much he was carrying.

      His question was answered as Tymon leaped from the branch and landed within the base, and throughout the next couple of minutes, Damien watched, speechless, as Tymon slaughtered each and every watcher present. Some deaths were so gruesome that Damien couldn't help but feel pity for the humans. Though it was a thousand versus one, none of them stood a chance.

      When his work was done, the place resembled a battlefield had two small armies clashed.

      Tymon walked up to the tree Damien stood in.

      "You sure you still want to help?" Tymon asked, his wolfish eyes peering up at Damien as blood dripped from his claws.

      Damien realized Tymon had done all of that to scare him off, but he wasn't about to run away after finally meeting him after all this time.

      Damien smirked amusingly as he dropped from the branch.

      "I'm not squeamish about killing humans. Though I was shocked momentarily, I'm sure you taking this approach is for a good reason," Damien smiled acceptingly. "We'd better hurry if you plan to destroy this base like the other."

      Tymon stared at Damien blankly as his eyes and hands returned to normal.

      "Fine. If you insist on staying, there's a special room here that I want to make sure we destroy, if nothing else." Tymon declared, turning away and pointing at a distant floating metal cube. "And I think that's it."