Chapter VI: Greek Settings (Pt.2)

While following Damien, I happened to look at his hat. I noticed that I could sense faint energy coming from it. It was so obscure that the only reason I was able to sense it was because Damien was currently suppressing his power.

      Using omni-vision, I saw the hat was shrouded in a deep pink aura.

      "So, what's the story behind the hat? It a memento?" I asked Damien.

      "You can tell, huh?" Damien said without looking at me or stopping.

      "Well, it's shrouded in your spirit energy. I've only ever seen that with Tymon's house, so I figured you always wear it."

      Damien gave a small laugh.

      "It's a reminder of the past," he stated.

      "What do you mean? If you don't mind me asking..."

      "That's not something I want to share. Don't take it personally," he said. I detected a hint of melancholy in his voice.

      I guess he's had a rough past, too.

      "It's okay, I get it," I replied sincerely.

      After another minute or two, Damien suddenly stopped.

      "Well, this is it," he said, motioning to an empty area before us.

      At first, I couldn't notice anything, but then I started to see it: before us was a gigantic dome that seemed to reflect the moonlight and the surroundings, making it look like nothing was there.

      However, when we tried to touch it, our hands passed through the weird substance, leading us into a daytime version of the field. There, the sky was lit as if it were noon now.

      "Night into day," I commented as I looked around.

      The field was a large stretch of land that looked like it belonged to a time before technology was invented. There were no cars, skyscrapers, or electricity – just stones, trees, and grass, and from what Damien said, I assumed the light we saw was from harnessed sunlight.

      So...not a metaphor.

      I took a deep breath of the air, quickly noticing its difference. Although cities nowadays no longer pollute, they still have a thick atmosphere sometimes. This place didn't. The air was light and easy to breathe. The natural scent of wood, flowers, and grass pleasantly filled my nostrils.

      This is the type of place one could have a romantic picnic in, I mused.

      The only structure there was a considerably large – I'm talking SVVL tournament stadium-sized – white stone protruding from the ground like a boiled egg was cut vertically in half, and then its flat side was laid on the ground. Then someone carved out a piece down the middle, long end to wide end, allowing sunlight inside.

      We could also clearly hear the roars of a sizeable crown coming from within the stone structure.

      "By the way, Arne doesn't like being called a girl, so be careful," Damien warned us with a smirk as he led us to the white structure.

      "Why," Trik asked, curious.

      "Rough past, so they've disassociated with it. Arne's spent most of their life proving their strength and searching for challenging opponents however and whenever they can. The humans refer to them as 'Arne the Unbreakable.' Arne's pretty proud of that title."

      "Aren't you all unbreakable?" I asked.

      "By human standards, I suppose, but even by our standards, it's difficult to make Arne bleed," Damien enlightened us.

      "Wow," I said, impressed as we arrived at the structure's entrance, where we heard cheers.

      Then spoke a feminine voice that incited the crowd inside.

      "Is this all your supposed best have to offer?! I'm disappointed. Gather yourself and leave my stage."

      "They sound friendly," I said nervously.

      "So long as you've got guts and you don't make yourself appear weak, you'll be fine," Damien said, looking back at me with a half-smile before turning forward and stepping inside.

      I looked at Trik and saw him puff up his chest as he nodded at me.

      I rolled my eyes but still slightly straightened my posture before stepping into the structure.

------

Fun fact: Damien is quite wealthy

Fun fact: Damien is quite wealthy. He's not a trillionaire like Avarice, but he has a nice cushiony net worth of $92,000,000. 

Enjoying the story? Have any constructive criticisms? Leave a like or comment to share your thoughts with me. :)

Super Supporters: Want to learn everything up-to-date and get exclusive information about your favorite character(s)? Visit the series' Patreon account at patreon.com/primordials

or visit their Ko-fi account at ko-fi.com/otherworldsjt

Media

IG: otherworldsjt

Twitter: jt_fnx

Thank you for your support :)