Chapter V: Submerged

The morning Tymon and Za'Fia left...

 Tymon and Za'Fia were flying someone over the Atlantic, using their wings to stay undetected.

      They were so close to the water's surface that Tymon could reach out and touch it.

      "Here should be good," Za'Fia said from in front of him.

      She folded in her wings and dove into the water, then Tymon followed suit.

      Feels stifling, he thought as he floated underwater.

      He'd already discovered that he didn't need to breathe while underwater, but last time he hadn't taken the time to note the experience.

      With his lungs no longer operating, his body felt like it'd been switched into a lower gear. He could feel his inner spirit energy circulating within him; a lot of it was focused on keeping his heart pumping, but he could also feel his muscles being restricted, like he couldn't access their full strength.

      Strange. Maybe my body's conserving its energy.

      Tymon's mind started racing with how this would affect him in a fight. He concluded that fighting anywhere without oxygen would be unfavorable for any of them.

      We have to make sure we don't find ourselves underwater at the wrong time, he told himself. In this condition, we're weaker and slower. Not to mention that our spirit energy is required to keep us alive. Growing exhausted in this state wouldn't end well for any of us.

      Before they could get too deep, Za'Fia stopped, pulled out two deep-diving flashlights from her spatial bag, and gave one to Tymon.

      He accepted it but also decided to use omni-vision to help be aware of the marine life around them and to keep better track of Za'Fia as they plunged deeper into the dark waters. Considering how well she moved, he suspected she was doing the same.

      Tymon had to admit that swimming was pretty incredible. It wasn't as fast as flying, far from it, but with their strength, they could propel themselves through the water like torpedoes. Feeling his body cut through the resistance of the water was a different kind of satisfaction than flying offered. He could see why this was Za'Fia's favorite hobby.

      Eventually, Za'Fia led Tymon somewhere deep underwater. It had to have been at least five thousand feet below the surface.

      They swam through some tunnel entrance which went on for a while before they rose into a pool area connected to a space with air.

      "An underwater cave," Tymon said aloud as they floated above the pool of water and onto the cave's ground.

      Tymon noticed that the walls of the cave were dotted with PRP.

      "Where are we," he asked as he touched one of the walls.

      Za'Fia stood next to him, drying both of them as heat came off her body.

      "Amazing, isn't it? I found this place a while ago while swimming," she said proudly.

      Tymon realized the PRP were already actively suppressing their power. He looked around and spotted a mini nuclear reactor nearby that kept the PRP fully powered.

      How did she get that?

      Za'Fia placed her hand on the wall, rubbing her fingers against some of the crystals.