Chapter XI: Fated Peril (Pt. 3)

"Take them back. I have plans for these two," Avarice ordered.

      "As for them..." he continued, looking up at the other Primordials who'd just witnessed Tymon and Michael be trounced so easily. "Kill them."

      Damien's battered body began to morph as a sizeable pink thunderbolt from the dark skies above struck him, causing his body to be cloaked in an electric aura. In the next instant, he and the others vanished, followed by a loud crackle from thunder. Then, the vision fast-forwarded further into the future.

      I saw my dad walking in an underground tunnel, but he was nothing like the dad I knew. In the future, he's disheveled and unstable. Instead of being his usual mad scientist kind of messy appearance, he was more of the drunken kind.

      Finding out about your death broke him, Viraa stated. Your father started regularly taking JANUS tablets to boost his strength, but he became addicted to them and was fixated on an impossible mission: ending all Primordials. His clouded judgment constantly placed the surviving Watchers at risk, so your mother took over as leader. Later, the others decided he would be kicked out of the refuge due to his unwillingness to see reason. Now, he feels betrayed.

      I watched as my dad approached what appeared to be the guard door to an underground refuge. The guards on watch tried to stop him, but my dad's skill and power were above their own, and I watched, horrified, as he killed both of them without hesitation.

      The killing didn't stop there; once he was inside, my dad went on a rampage, taking out every person he came across until my mom finally appeared to stop him.

      She looked nothing like her usual, business perfection self. Instead, her hair was cut short, she was more toned and muscular, and she wore animal fur. Something about her reminded me of Arne. Perhaps she'd received training from them.

      My mom looked at the blood bath my dad had created with a sad expression that morphed into anguish as she set her resolve as leader on what had to be done. She must've been taking JANUS tablets, but unlike most others, she didn't let its effects consume her. In one quick movement, my mom released an absurd amount of energy as she struck my dad's neck using the small ax she kept at her side. The strike had enough power and speed behind it to cut clean through, giving my dad a painless death as his head rolled to the ground. My mom picked his head up and held it close to her as she began to weep while others ran around in the background, trying to tend to the wounded.

      The vision then shifted to a few days later, and I saw that my mom had become highly depressed after losing her entire family. I witnessed her last moments as she swallowed an entire vile of poison and lay down while caressing my dad's decomposed head. Considering the number of flies in the room and the maggots that crawled through my mom's fingers as she held it, I could only imagine how close to death the room must have smelled.

      Later, the remaining survivors sought the Primordials using an S.A.S. that barely survived the war. The S.A.S. led them to a mansion in the middle of nowhere where the remaining Primordials were gathered in a special bunker built beneath it. The survivors were relieved to find them but didn't realize they were being followed until it was too late – they led Junichiro and the other High Gods right to others. Under Avarice's new orders, each Primordial was to be captured for experimentation, which wasn't difficult due to the state of hopelessness the Primordials were in. However, in the end, Arne refused to be domesticated like a pet and chose to put up a fight. It took some effort from Claeg and Junichiro to overpower Arne's defenses before Arne fell by Junichiro's blade and Claeg's teeth.

      Shifting into a more expansive view of the world, I was briefly shown multiple countries embroiled in the world war that Avarice had envisioned before my mind was ejected back into reality, where I lay sprawled on the floor, breathing rapidly.

      That's the future that awaits if you try to save them, Viraa's voice echoed in my head. As I warned you, the power I possess – the power you now possess – is a dangerous one. You will witness many horrific futures, but you must not change them. If you cannot gain control over your emotions, then once the power is under your will, it may benefit you more if you don't look too far—that way, you know that you aren't affecting the future.

      Once I slowed my breathing, I remained on the floor. I stayed there crying for the rest of the night as I accepted yet another harsh truth: that regardless of what I did, my family was fated to die before this was all over, and I had to watch as it happened to prevent a worse future from occurring.

      I think I finally understood how difficult things were for Tymon.

------

Fun fact: An S

Fun fact: An S.A.S's overdrive can exert 110% of their power source to greatly boost his strength and speed, causing his ports to glow from blue to green and his body to emit green steam.

Enjoying the story? Have any constructive criticisms? Leave a like or comment to share your thoughts with me. :)

Super Supporters: Want to learn everything up-to-date and get exclusive information about your favorite character(s)? 

Visit the series' Patreon account at patreon.com/primordials

or visit their Ko-fi account at ko-fi.com/otherworldsjt

Media

IG: otherworldsjt

Thank you for your support :)