Chapter II: New Addition

All eyes in Club 9 were pointed at Damien.

      Looking up at him, I noted how gorgeous he was – how his every movement seemed perfectly designed to capture his charming and irresistible allure.

      It only got better once I looked into his eyes. They made me feel as though simply being in his presence was a privilege.

      There was a sudden strong urge to offer myself to him and serve his every whim. Even though part of me wanted to fight it, most of me had already succumbed to that urge, convincing me there was nothing better in the world than making him happy.

      Looking around, I noticed some people were starting to edge closer to him, so I instinctively tried to protect Damien by extending a thin veil of spirit energy around him and me. With the amount of spirit energy I had since taking the JANUS drug, I discovered I could do that now.

      It wasn't much, but it was strong enough to keep other humans out – there was no way I was going to let them touch him.

      Not before I could...

      While Damien was intrigued by the veil I placed up, I moved closer and reached out my hand to touch his face.

      Reflexively, his hand shot up and grabbed mine.

      "Oh no," he said as he instantly let go, but the second he touched me, I felt my nerves become two or three times more sensitive as my body burst with an unfamiliar pleasure.

      Breathing heavily, I sunk to the floor as I felt my heart start beating fast again. It was going so hard I could feel it in my ears. My hands were clammy and trembling slightly, my body felt hot, and my breath shallowed.

      I'd never felt that way before. It was like a switch inside me had been flipped on.

      Damien pulled a pair of white gloves from his spatial bag and quickly put them on as he watched me lose it.

      "Sorry, you really shouldn't have done that," he said, amused but also apologetically, as he squatted next to me and picked me up. This time I couldn't feel anything from his hands through the gloves.

      He started carrying me into his room, signaling Naomi and Trik to follow. Once inside, we moved past the dark area I'd seen earlier and into another large room that looked more like an office, where he placed me on a small sofa.

      "What's affecting you is an energy-based ability, so using that PRP around your neck will help ease its effects," Damien told me.

      "It's broken, let me..." Trik said as he hovered beside me and put up a field around me and him.

      I felt myself slowly returning to normal.

      "I only touched you for a second, so the sensitive state you're in should wear off momentarily," Damien informed me. "My Overload ability makes others more susceptible to pleasure or pain. Usually, I control it through my spirit energy, but anyone who touches my hands will feel its effects too."

      "Hence the gloves," Trik commented.

      "Hence the gloves," Damien repeated before returning his attention to me. "But that feeling you have to please me – that's my Submission ability. My body passively releases a pheromone made from my spirit energy that makes most people feel the urge to do anything that'll please me. They also find it difficult to defy me."

      "Not us Primordials, though," Naomi chimed in as she froze an empty fish tank with her finger. "No, the pheromone just makes it impossible for us to harm him. Only those with no sexual desires aren't affected by it. So long as you have one, you're either devoted to him or can never harm him. Or both."