Chapter XV: A Pleasant Discovery (Pt.2)

Looking up at the sky, he saw a network of electricity charged within the storm clouds. He was amazed that with all the power above them and the numerous strikes onto the island, none was hitting the base itself.

      "They're harnessing then redirecting the lightning," he said aloud. "Smart use of the storms' electrical power."

      Za'Fia looked at him quizzically.

      "Look with your eyes; you'll see what I'm talking about."

      Za'Fia did just that as a look of understanding gradually developed on her face.

      "Even if Damien did use his powers here, it wouldn't amount to much. At least not before Avarice and the others would arrive," she claimed, motioning toward the base.

      Most of the base's walls and inner workings appeared to have been made of a protective rubber material. Even the Holders roaming throughout the base were dressed in lightning-resistant gear.

      "Hm. It won't be a problem for us," Tymon said, leaping from his perch and landing in the center of some Holders who stood frozen as they stared at him cautiously. He turned to tell Za'Fia to say that so long as they used less energy than what the storm was generating, they should remain hidden but realized he didn't have to as a blast of flames erupted toward the base's watch tower, obliterating it and everyone inside.

      "Alarm system's taken care of," she said, smiling at him as she stood in the flames. Tymon smirked, his eyes glowing as dark energy lifted from his skin. When he looked back at the Holders before him, their cautious looks morphed into terror as their brains began to comprehend what was happening.

      Once again, Tymon unleashed an animalistic level of savagery onto the Holders, mowing down body after body until his goal was complete. Once the place was mostly lifeless, he and Za'Fia searched the base similarly to the last. This time, however, they went to the office area first and found out there was a powerful bomb being stored beneath the base. Neither of them knew what Avarice's plans for the bomb could've been, but they knew that whatever it was, it couldn't be good for anyone.

      After searching for a while and finding nothing else, they left the office and found another vault-like room secured within one of the installation's warehouses.

      Like the containment cell for Michael, this room had suppression cuffs connected to cindium chains that hung from the ceiling and were bolted to the floor, meant to keep him suspended and immobile, and the walls were lined with PRP and rubber to keep his power suppressed and offset any electricity should any reach or form within the room.

      "Hhhh," Za'Fia sighed in disgusted disapproval. "I'll burn this one to the ground too."

      "Hold on," Tymon said as flames appeared around her. "Burn the room, but keep the flames isolated."

      Za'Fia raised an eyebrow.

      "Is it the bomb?"

      "Yeah. Before we can get to the next base, I'm sure Avarice will have been informed of what's happened to the first two. In which case, he'll try to intervene. I was already planning to use this base to give us some time somehow. Using his bomb against him should do the job."

      "Ty, I don't think that bomb's powerful enough to do anything to him. You saw the schematics."

      "Him, no, but when he comes to investigate the base, I'm sure he won't be traveling alone," Tymon said ominously.

-----

Fun fact: The heat from Za'Fia's flames without being angry can reach up to 3,000,000°F in her normal state and up to 6,000,000°F in her hybrid form

Enjoying the story? Have any constructive criticisms? Leave a like or comment to share your thoughts with me. :)

Super Supporters: Want to learn everything up-to-date and get exclusive information about your favorite character(s)?

Visit the series' Patreon account at patreon.com/primordials

or visit their Ko-fi account at ko-fi.com/otherworldsjt

Media

IG: otherworldsjt

Thank you for your support :)