Chapter 2: Two to Four Years Later

| 114 A

| 114 A.C. | With Saenya and Maera

"You look stunning, Saenya." Maera told her sister as Saenya changed into her wedding gown. Her brother had run away from home two years ago, and she had missed him terribly.

She couldn't bear the thought of her older brother and Selena raising their one-year-old son, Jacaevar. She looked in the mirror and wished her brother could be there for the wedding.

"I really miss him." She said this, and Maera frowned before looking down. "I miss him as well." Maera told her as Saenya turned around and looked at her. "How do I look?" Maera smiled as she asked. " Wonderful." Maera responded to her question.

When the door opens, they see Selena standing there with her son in her arms. She smiled warmly at them, but she realized the two sisters were just glaring at her.

"The ceremony is about to begin. Your father requested that I inform you." Selena spoke as Saenya turned away from her. " Inform my father that I will be there shortly; now leave." Selena looked down as her son played with her hair.

"Look, I know we haven't made amends in the past two years, but I'm sorry I hurt your brother." Selena said as Maera looked at her. " You're not sorry, you're not. If you were, you wouldn't have cheated on my brother for the past year." Selena frowned as Maera told her.

"Let's face it, you didn't want to be with Rhaenarr. You just wanted to be near him so you could meet Vanyx. It wasn't surprising, given your obsession with power, and Vanyx provided you with just that." Saenya told her, looking at her.

"Just because you married our brother does not make you a member of our family. Do you understand that you will never be a part of our family?" Selena nodded as Saenya asked her. " Yes." Selena said as she tried not to cry as the two girls she had considered sisters years before were finally done with her.

"It's good that we finally understand each other. I would appreciate it if you could leave." Selena looked down before walking away. "Would she just keep trying?" Maera asked, and Saenya simply shrugged.

"And she will keep getting the same response every time." She said this before putting on her mother's jewelry, which her mother had allowed her to wear to the wedding. "We'd better hurry, I don't want to be late for my own wedding." Maera chuckled before grabbing her sister's hand.

"Ladies first." Saenya laughed as she said this. "Do you think you're really funny?" Maera smirked as Saenya asked. "Oh, I know I'm funny." Maera said as they left to the ballroom.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️