Chapter 19 Posion

Next day

Next day

The passing of Saenya brought immense sadness and sorrow to the entire Taerion family. Being a cherished member, Saenya's funeral was planned as a grand event that truly reflected her esteemed position. Every member of the family, including Maera and her loved ones, attended the funeral to pay their respects.

Standing beside her daughter Naena, Alicent watched as she remained in silence. Rhaenarr stood near Saenya's covered body. The royal family retreated, followed by Saenya's closest friends, advisors, and members of the royal court, all dressed in black to express their grief and pay their respects to the deceased.

This year witnessed not one, but two tragic deaths. In addition to Saenya's demise, Lady Delaenya, the beloved wife of Lord Emerson and the mother of Baerion, also bid farewell to the world. Regrettably, her funeral coincided with Saenya's, preventing Vanyx and Selena from attending. It appeared that their absence went unnoticed and uncared for.

King Rhaenarr stood in the royal courtyard, surrounded by his family and the sorrowful expressions of his subjects, as a somber atmosphere enveloped the scene. At the heart of the courtyard, the coffin, draped in black and adorned with intricate silver details, served as a poignant symbol of a life tragically cut short.

The weight of loss echoed through the silence, only interrupted by the distant whispers of wind through the trees.

"Today, we bid farewell to a beloved soul," Rhaenarr began, his voice carrying a mix of grief and determination. "Princess Saenya was more than a sister; she was a beacon of grace and kindness that illuminated our lives."

He cast a glance at his family, each face etched with a unique pain. "In this moment of sorrow, let us remember the joy she brought into our lives, the laughter that echoed in these halls, and the love that connected us."

As Rhaenarr spoke, memories of Saenya's infectious laughter and unwavering support painted a vivid picture in the minds of those gathered. Alicent gently squeezed his hand, offering silent strength.

"We stand here not only as a royal family but as a united front against the darkness of grief. Saenya's legacy lives on in the love we shared and the memories we created. She will forever be a cherished part of our hearts."

With a momentary pause, Rhaenarr allowed the gravity of his words to settle in the air. His gaze then shifted towards the towering funeral pyre, ready to consume the container that held his sister's physical remains.

"And now, we release her spirit to the winds, to dance among the stars and find peace in eternity."

With those words, Rhaenarr, alongside his family, approached the coffin. Each placed a symbol of their connection—a rose, a letter, a token—onto the casket, bidding a personal farewell.

As the flames embraced the wood, the onlookers watched in respectful silence, a poignant metaphor for the transition of life into memory. Embers danced skyward, carrying the essence of Princess Saenya into the heavens.

Alicent sighs before looking at her kids." Let's get inside before it rains." She said. The kids walked back to the carriage as Alicent smiled at the guest before following the kids.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Selena wandered through the dimly lit corridors of the small castle, her steps guided by an elusive intuition that led her to the vicinity of her chambers. The air was thick with tension, a palpable sense that something concealed lurked beneath the surface.

Stopping in the shadows, Selena overheard the murmurs emanating from behind the door of Alise's chamber. The words, a delicate dance between Alise and the maester, reached her ears like forbidden whispers.

"I must tread carefully with this revelation, Alise. The news of your condition could alter the course of many lives," the maester cautioned, his voice hushed but laden with the weight of responsibility.

Alise, her voice a mix of uncertainty and determination, replied, "I understand the consequences, but the child deserves a chance at life. Jacaever must be informed, and I am prepared to face whatever follows."

Selena's breath caught as the realization settled in. Her son, Jacaever, got the whore pregnant. A surge of conflicting emotions—shock, disappointment, anger, concern—rippled through her.

As Alise and the maester continued their discussion, Selena wrestled with the decision to confront the truth head-on or remain veiled in ignorance. The echo of her son's actions reverberated through the stone walls, a haunting symphony of deception and consequence.

Summoning her resolve, Selena stepped back into the corridor, her mind a whirlwind of conflicting thoughts. In the wake of this clandestine revelation, she was going to stop her son from knowing about this.

The shadows concealed her contemplation as she retreated, leaving the weight of newfound knowledge to settle upon her shoulders. Selena, now burdened with the secret, stood at the precipice of a familial storm, her heart heavy with the impending revelation that would reshape their lives.

She had a plan.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

The great hall echoed with an air of stern authority as Selena awaited the arrival of Mistress Alise. Selena, though adorned in regal attire, exuded an aura of displeasure that cast a shadow over the grandeur of the hall.

As Alise timidly entered, Selena's cold gaze met hers. The tension in the room was palpable, a silent testament to the gravity of the situation at hand.

"Mistress Alise," Selena's voice cut through the stillness, a sharp contrast to the elegant surroundings. "Your presence here is a reflection of the urgency with which we must address the matter at hand."

Alise, feeling the weight of Selena's disapproval, lowered her gaze respectfully, readying herself for the impending confrontation.

"I will not mince words, Alise. Your involvement with my son has tarnished his reputation and jeopardized the future of our family," Selena stated with a steely resolve, her eyes unyielding.

Alise, her nerves evident, listened as Selena continued to express the dire consequences of their clandestine affair. The great hall, once a symbol of grandeur, now witnesses a mother's attempt to salvage her son's honor.

In a strategic move, Lady Selena poured a goblet of wine and extended it toward Alise, her eyes never leaving the young woman's face.

Selena remarked, "Consider this beverage as a means to gain clarity," her words veiled with an underlying implication. Alise walked up to the table and inquired, "What is this?" Selena dishonestly replied, "I have come to understand that, regardless of circumstances, you will always be involved with my son. Thus, let this be a toast symbolizing peace between us."

Alise, feeling the weight of Selena's expectations, reluctantly took a sip. To her surprise, no immediate adverse effects manifested. Selena's gaze bore into her, searching for any sign of compliance or resistance.

Alise expressed her gratitude, feeling a glimmer of hope as circumstances seemed to be gradually improving. With the arrival of this child, she hoped that Jacaever's mother would finally accept her. However, Alise couldn't comprehend why the mother had suddenly become so generous, considering her long-standing animosity towards her over the years.

Alise humbly bowed to her before gracefully exiting the grand hall. As she proceeded towards her chambers, an abrupt and searing pain coursed through her stomach. Panic gripped her as the stark reality of the situation unfolded.

Hastily, she lifted her dress and observed the distressing sight of blood cascading down her legs. Alise instinctively covered her mouth, comprehending the gravity of the situation. A startled yelp escaped her lips as she swiftly sought refuge within the safety of her chambers.

Her child was gone.....

Third Death😈