Chapter 4 Forced Marriage

TWO DAYS LATER | 117 𝕬

TWO DAYS LATER | 117 𝕬.𝕮. |

Hella opened the letter from her father who was in Oldtown. A few weeks ago, her father was forced to go back home due to the king not trusting him anymore. And she knew just who to blame for her father leaving. Princess Rhaenyra. The princess has been gone for the past 2 days on her honeymoon with Laenar. Hella opened the paper and read the letter.

My dear Daughter

It's been awhile since we last spoke to each other. I heard from your uncle that you have finally decided to wear the family color. I am so proud of you. I wish your sister was just as smart as you. The reason I am writing to you is because I have found a new alliance to help us get your son on the throne. Jason Lannister, he would be a perfect match for Alicent. I need you to convince the king to have arranged marriage between the two. I won't be able to be in Kings landing for a while but all I know is that you keep convincing the king.

I will see you again from your father Otto Hightower.

Hella crumbled up the letter before heading out of her room. She walked down the hallway as the guards bowed before her as she headed towards her husband's room. She knocked on the door and heard him say to come in.

The guards opened the door for her and she came into the room to see him sitting at his desk. Viserys looked at her as she sat down at the table.

"Husband, there is something I would like to speak to you about." She said and he looked at her.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Alicent walked towards her sister's room, the poor girl was announced by her sister to come to the queen's room to go see the queen. The door was open for her and she looked to see her sister turning around to see her. Hella smiled as she let Alicent sit down in a chair. Alicent just looked at her as she sat down in a chair.

"Do you know why you are called here, sister?" Hella asked and Alicent shook her head. She didn't know why she was here." I spoke to the king earlier today and we scheduled for you to go to Casterly Rock for your engagement with Jason Lannister." She said and Alicent jumped up so fast.

"No, absolutely not, you will not make me get married, especially to him." Alicent told her and Hella sighs." It is the good of our family, if we want to make Aegon King, we need allies." Hella told her and Alicent shook her head.

"Has our father finally corrupted you, poisoned your mind to think that Rhaenyra is the enemy?" Alicent asked and Hella went quiet." You would put me through the same fate that father put you through." Alicent said as she had tears in her eyes.

"You must marry for the sake of this family. You will be going there in a week so be ready. My decision is final." Hella said and Alicent looked at her with hatred in her eyes before running out of the room." Alicent!

ALICENT POV:

I ran through the hallways of the castle with tears in my eyes. I couldn't believe that my sister was going to force me to get married just so that she could have her son be crowned one day.

I couldn't believe that after all the heartbreak and betrayal that she would still go to father for advice. She would still listen to every lie he says to her. I turned around the corner and tried to head back to my room when I bumped into someone.

I apologize to them only to look up to see that it was Rhaenarr. He frowned at me and I couldn't help but hug him. He looked confused about what I did, but I didn't care. I just wanted to be in his arms.

"Are you okay, Alicent?" He asked me and I looked at him. I'm so happy to have him with me. Rhaenyra doesn't want to be anywhere near my presents and my sister and father want to marry me off to Jason Lannister." I told him and his eyes widened.

"When do they expect you to marry him?" He asked and I responded." They haven't told me when I'm getting married to him. Just that I have to go down to Casterly Rock to meet him in a week." I told him as he held me to his chest.

"I'm sorry." He said as I closed my eyes to try and control my breathing." I don't wish to get married and be forced to leave my home." I said and started crying." I know." He said before pulling away.

"Will you be there with me?" I asked him and he nodded. If I was going to be forced to leave King's Landing, the least I can do is bring someone that I actually like.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

A WEEK LATER

Alicent looked at Casterly Rock as she got off the boat with the king and queen. Rhaenarr stood behind Alicent as They headed towards the castle of Casterly Rock. Alicent looked down as Hella was staring at her.

"This will be good for you, sister." Hella said as Alicent looked up at her." You mean good for you." Alicent spat to her as she looked away. Viserys looked at his wife as she looked at her sister.

When they made it to the destination they got out of the carriage. Alicent followed them as they saw Tyland and Jason standing there.

"Your grace." The two said before bowing to them. Hella smiled at them before nodding." Thank you for having us, Lord Jason." Viserys told them and Jason smiled at the king and queen." I'm very happy to have you, your grace." He said before looking at Alicent.

"And this must be my soon to be wife." Jason said as he kissed Alicent's eyes. Hella smiled before looking at her sister." Lord Jason, do show my sister around since this will be her new home soon and consider this a chance to get to know each other." Hella offered to him and he smiled before nodding.

"I would very much love too, your grace." He said before looking at Alicent." My lady." He said before leading her away. Jason looked to see Rhaenarr following them." Do you mind I would like to be alone with my lady." He said, glaring at him.

"I don't take orders from you, I am her sworn protector and I will go wherever she goes." Rhaenarr said and Alicent hid her smile before looking at Jason." He is right, he goes with me." She said and Jason rolled his eyes before leading them around the castle.

"And this is where we host fights and tournaments. A tournament for when we get married will be celebrated and of course one day we will have a celebration for our first born son." He said as Alicent hid her disgusted face at the sight.

"It's a lovely sight, my Lord." Alicent said as she looked down." And what is it that you enjoy, my lady?" He asked her and she looked at him." Books, I read a lot." Alicent responded to him.

"Well it's a good thing we have our library where you can read whenever you want." He said and she faked smiled at him." We better get back." She said as she just wanted to be away from this man completely." Of course." He said to her before leading her and Rhaenarr back.

When they got here they could see that the queen and king were finished talking to Jason's brother and were ready to go.

"Lady Alicent, I hope my brother gave you a pleasant tour around our beloved home?" Tyland asked and Alicent smiled at him." Everything is exquisite." She lied to him, she hated everything here, she hated how Jason only talked around having children, especially having a son.

"That is good to hear, we already discussed some details about the wedding and you two will be wed next year to give you time to get to know each other more." He said and Alicent nodded to him. At least she didn't have to get married to him right away; she still had a whole year to figure out how to get out of marrying him.

Even if she has to pray to the gods everyday until she gets her wish.