Chapter 5 The king is dead

118 𝕬

118 𝕬.𝕮

Alicent looked down on her balcony to see the House Lannister family down there with the king and queen.

Next week will be the day she becomes a married woman and will be forced to leave King's Landing.

She watched as they led the family into the castle to show them to their rooms. Alicent walked away from the bathroom to look at her mirror. She had to accept that next week would be her new life once she gets married.

Someone knocked on the door and she wiped her tears before saying come in. She look to see a guard standing at the door.

"Princess Rhaenyra requests your presence." The guard said and Alicent looked at him in confusion. It's been a while since she was summoned by the princess. Normally Rhaenyra would avoid her at all costs." Okay." Alicent said before following the guard.

The guard opened the door to the library for Alicent before closing the door. Alicent looked as Rhaenyra turned to look at her. She pointed to a chair and Alicent walked up to her and sat down.

"You requested to see me?" Alicent asked and Rhaenyra nodded before sitting in the chair next to her." I just wanted to see how you were doing about this wedding next week?" Rhaenyra asked and Alicent looked at her.

"That's all you have to say to me?" Alicent asked and Rhaenyra looked at her." Rhaenyra, we've been friends for years now and you treat me like a stranger." Alicent told her and Rhaenyra looked down.

"I know and I am sorry." Rhaenyra said, but Alicent shook her head." No you're not. Ever since Hella married the king, you cut me off. For years I have been by your side instead of my sister. I have been there for every little betrayal that you had to endure." Alicent said as Rhaenyra stood up and shook her head.

"And I'm sorry for taking your loyalty for granted. I'm sorry for abandoning you even when you were there for me no matter what. And I am sorry for blaming you for Hella's mistake. I'm sorry, Alicent." Rhaenyra said as Alicent looked at her with tears in her eyes.

The two girls looked at each other before giving themselves a hug. They both felt relief from the amount of stress they had to face over the years of not being by each other's side.

"I'm sorry that my father is making you do this." She said as Alicent looked at her." It wasn't really your father's idea. It was my father and Hella. He told her of the alliance about me marrying a Lannister and she agreed." Alicent told her and Rhaenyra frowned.

"If there's anything you need I'm here for you now." She said and Alicent shook her head." As long as I am here, my family will do whatever it takes to control my life." Alicent said to her, She was always going to be in her sister's shadow for the rest of her life.

"What about Ser Rhaenarr?" Rhaenyra asked and Alicent looked at her." What about him?" She asked." For years I saw the way you two looked at each other but you never made a move. Why?" Rhaenyra asked her.