Chapter 9 You must marry

3 MOONS LATER

3 MOONS LATER

Rhaenarr looked up to see his mother coming into the room.

"Good morrows, mother. What do I owe the pleasure?" He asked, looking back at his paper as she took a seat in front of him." It has been three moons since you were crowded king and you need a wife." She said and he looked at her.

"Perhaps I'm not ready for one, mother." He said to her, he wasn't ready to get married yet." You have to son. You are 26 named days old, you should have already been producing heirs a long time ago." Delaela told him and he sighs.

"Back then, that was when I didn't even know I was going to be king. What shall you have me do?" He asked and she looked at him." Find a wife before the council makes the decision for you. They are already offering up their daughters for you to wed." She said as Rhaenarr leaned back in his chair.

"Look if you don't find a wife and start having a son, people are going to end up crowning Vanyx or his son." She said and his eyebrow raised." You mean his bastard son." Rhaenarr said as he chuckled." People wouldn't accept his first born son, but they would accept his second." She said and he sighs.

"Can you at least try to find someone by the end of the week?" She asked and he looked at her before nodding." Thank you and please, find her." She told him before walking away. When she opened the door she was met with Alicent who was coming in.

Alicent bowed at her as Delaela didn't blink an eye in her direction as she walked away from the girl. Alicent walked in the room. She stood there as she looked at Rhaenarr.

"Your grace." As he stood up from his seat, she bowed before him. Please do not. I'm still getting used to being King, and I don't want anyone I care about, especially you, to bow down to me." He said this, and she nodded.

Alicent watched as he walked to the window and stared at it. She walked up behind him as she too looked outside the window.

"Your grace, is there something wrong?" He was watching the people pass by when she asked. "My mom wants me to get married. I'm already over 20 and I need to produce an heir so that my brother doesn't take the crown or his children." When he told her, she stared down and frowned.

"I think your mother is right." She said and he looked at her." You need to find a woman who has a powerful house and can give you an heir. You need more allies, especially against King's Landing." She told him.

"My kingdom is literally at war with your home, are you sure?" He asked her and she nodded towards him." You are the king, it's your decision ." She said as he watched her." Speaking of home, how is my family and the people treating you?" Rhaenarr asked her and she looked down.

"It's good, your sisters are warming up to me. Your mother is a very difficult woman to please and the people still see me as an outsider." She said and he frowned at her." If there's anything you need, don't be afraid to talk to me." He said and she looked at him." Okay." She breathed out and he smiled at her.

"See you at supper." He said and she nodded, backing away from him." Good morrows." She told him and he nodded before walking out of the room. He watched her leave before going back to his papers.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Alicent sat in the nursery room with Saenya and her children. Saenya and her husband were packing to go back to Ovid's home. Alicent, who enjoyed playing with Alynla and Tyraeron kept them busy while Saenya packed their bags.

Alynla laughed as Alicent bounced her up and down.

"She is getting so big." Alicent said as Saenya smiled at that." Indeed, I cannot believe it's already been two years since her birth. Soon She'll be in her teens." Saenya said and Alicent smiled at the baby.

She turned to Tyraeron, who was only three months old as he was looking at the ceiling.

"So how is my brother?" Saenya asked and Alicent looked at her." He is well, the queen wants him to find a bride." She said and Saenya frowned." How do you feel about all of this?" She asked and Alicent looked at her, confused.

"What do you mean?" She asked and Saenya stopped packing." About my brother marrying someone else instead of you." She said and Alicent's face went red as she blushed." I don't know what you're talking about." Alicent said as she turned away from the mother.

"Alicent, It's not hard to believe that you have fallen for my brother, anyone can see it." Saenya said and Alicent looked at her." Anyone?" She asked and Saenya nodded." I know that my brother has affection for you too. It's not everyday he runs away from home and brings back a girl." Saenya said and Alicent looked down.

"But I can't marry him. My house isn't powerful enough to even reach the throne. The only reason why my sister managed to marry the King was because my father was the king's hand." She mumbled to herself as Saenya frowned at her.

"I understand how you feel, though I was blessed to have fallen in love with my husband before being married to him. If you love him you will tell him how you feel before it's too late." She said and Alicent looked down.

"Okay." She said and Saenya hugged the girl. For the past 3 months she finally came to realize that Alicent wasn't trying to hurt her family and that she was just a girl trying to escape the harsh world that she called home.

This has to be the most shortest chapter in this book.