Chapter 3 Wedding Gone Wrong

117 𝕬

117 𝕬.𝕮.

"You want me to go with you to a wedding?" Rhaenarr asked Alicent, who was putting her jewelry on. " Yes." Rhaenarr looked at Alicent as she spoke. "And when was there a wedding?" He questioned, and she turned to face him.

"Have you not heard the rumors?" He looked at her before shaking his head when she asked. "What rumors?" He asked. " Rhaenyra was seen having a sexual interaction with her uncle in town." His eyes widened as she said this.

"But if people start questioning her womanhood, who would want to marry her?" He questioned, and Alicent nodded. "That's why the king decided to marry her to her cousin Laenor tonight." Alicent said as she sat in the chair.

"The king and princess sailed there a few days ago." Rhaenarr frowned as she spoke. "Are you all right?" He asked, and she averted her gaze. "How could I not be fine?" She asked him.

"Because you appear to be upset right now." She looked at her hands as he spoke. "When my father informed the king that Rhaenyra was outside the castle, he was dismissed as hand." She began to cry.

"Hey, I think it's a great idea. You stated that your father manipulated you and your sister. Perhaps his absence allows you to make your own decisions." He said this as she looked at him.

"Yes, but my sister blames me for his dismissal because I prefer the princess instead of my family." Alicent informed him. " You had faith in your friend. You don't have to always agree with your family simply because they're your family." He said this as she looked down.

They both looked out the window when they heard the horns blowing. As boats sailed at the dock, they saw dragons approaching the city. The guests for the wedding have arrived.

"We have to leave." She said this as she checked her appearance before leaving with Rhaenarr.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

It is with great pleasure that his grace, King Viserys announces the start of the royal wedding celebrations.

House Lannister with their lord Jason Lannister. Lord Paramount of the west and master of Casterly Rock.

House Hightower with their lord Hobert Hightower. Beacon of the south, defender of the Citadel, the voice of old town.

"There's my family." Alicent said as Rhaenarr looked to see her entire family wearing green." Oh God, they hate me." Alicent said as she looked away from her family's eyes." Well then they are simply just going to have to get over it." He said and she smiled at him.

Lord Corlys of House Velaryon. Lord of the Tides, Master of Driftmark. And his lady wife, Princess Rhaenys Targaryen. And their son and heir, Ser Laenor Velaryon, the future king consort.

The hand announced and everyone cheered for the family as they walked in and went up to sit at their seat at the front table with the Royal Family. Alicent watched as her family had a look of disgust in their eyes as the princess and the Future King spoke to one another before sitting down.