Chapter 15 Force To Marry An Old Man

12 YEARS LATER | 123 𝕬

12 YEARS LATER | 123 𝕬.𝕮

Delaenya stood in silence as her mother fixed her hair. Selena smiled before looking at her daughter.

"You are beautiful, my sweet child." Selena said as Delaenya turned to look at her." Please don't make me do this mother, he's way too old for me." Delaenya said and Selena grabbed her face and looked at her.

"You will be fine." Selena said as Delaenya frowned at her." He is in his late 40s, mother." She cried out and Selena gave her a look." You have to do this for the family. He is one of the people who is willing to be our ally against your uncle. You wouldn't be in this situation if your uncle had just stepped down and allowed your father to take his rightful place on the throne." Selena said and Delaenya looked down.

"We're supposed to be a family, we shouldn't be trying to overthrow each other. If grandfather thinks that Uncle Rhaenarr is the right king then we mustn't mess with his wish." Delaenya said and Selena glared at her daughter.

"Listen to me, and listen to me well, daughter. It is only a matter of time before your uncle decides to get rid of us once and for all to get rid of your father for good to secure his line on the throne. Alicent made it very clear that she would hurt us. We need to protect ourselves." Selena said and Delaenya looked down.

"Come, we leave soon," Selena told her as Delaenya was left alone with her maids. Delaenya looked at the mirror with tears in her eyes. This was going to be the death of her.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

As the sun began to set, casting a warm glow over the room, Alise turned to face Jacaevar. Her eyes were filled with curiosity and concern. She looked at her beloved future Prince as he had his eyes closed.

"Jacaevar." She said softly, her voice tinged with apprehension. "I cannot help but wonder how you truly feel about your sister's impending marriage." She asked him as she looked at him.

Jacaevar sighed deeply, his gaze falling upon Alise. He knew that he could not hide his emotions from her any longer. With a heavy breath, he began to speak.

"Alise, love." He started, his voice said to her. " My sister's marriage is not simply a union of hearts; it is a strategic move to secure allies and overthrow my uncle so that my father or I could be kings." He said and Alise's eyes widened in surprise.

She had suspected that there was more to the story than met the eye, but she had never imagined such a treacherous plot unfolding within the family.

"I understand the importance of alliances and political matters." She replied cautiously. "But how does this affect you personally? How do you feel about your sister being used as a pawn in this dangerous game?" She asked.

Jacaevar's expression grew as he struggled to find the right words. "Alise, I could care less about my sister being forced into a marriage she does not desire. If it means allowing me to be king one day, then I'm all for it." He told her, he didn't give a damn about his sister.

Alise stepped closer to Jacaevar, her hand reaching out to touch his arm gently. "My love, surely you don't mean that she is your only sister?" Alise asked, yes she was a whore but she loved him and she did not like how he thought about her sister that way.

Jacaevar scoffed before pushing the girl away. Sometimes he wonders why he even bothered with her, oh wait she was the only one who knew how to pleasure him right? Alise watched him get dressed before leaving the room.

She sighs before going back to her work before she gets caught by his parents.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Delaenya stood in the living room, looking at the candles. She was going to leave tonight on a boat to meet her future husband. She turned around when she heard the door open to see her brother, Jacaevar standing there.

"What do you want?" She asked and he smirked at her." Mother wanted me to let you know that we are ready to go." He said and Delaenya just rolled her eyes before looking down.

"Come on, Delaenya. Be happy for once before you get tied down as someone's whore." He said and Delaenya looked at him with anger in her eyes." You think this is funny to you?" She asked him and he shrugged at her.

"Mother and father are making me do this just so that one day you can be king so that father could be king. I am being forced to give up my body to a man who can be my father. And you think this is a game.?" She asked and he looked at her.

"Delaenya, women were getting married way before you even came to this age. It's not a big deal. You'll get pleasure out of it." He said, smirking and Delaenya slapped him on the face.

"You have no shame. If one day we do get the throne, you would make one son of a king. I would rather be dead long before you become king and throw this entire Kingdom into ashes." Delaenya said and Jacaevar glared at her.

"Then when I do become king, I will make your life a living hell, dear sister." He said before walking away.

Delaenya watched him leave before turning back and praying to the gods.