Chapter 17 Plans

"It is simply absurd

"It is simply absurd." Lord Stanley said as Alicent was forced to listen to what the council had to say about the marriage between Lady Delaenya and Lord Emerson that had happened 3 days ago.

"The man is nearly 50, married with a child." Lord Stanley said as Alicent sighs, looking out the window." It is quite normal for him to do so." Lord Kazamir said and Alicent looked at him in disgust.

I mean yeah sure it was normal but it's still disgusted her for even thinking of it. She can still remember how her sister was forced to marry her best friend's father and was forced by her father.

She almost experienced the same fate but older if it hadn't been for Rhaenarr taking her away from that life.

"The girl is 14, no doubt she will be with child by the end of the year." Alicent said and they looked at her." Prince Vanyx had his daughter marry him just to gain support of allies to overthrow my husband. We need to do something about it!" Alicent yelled and the room went quiet.

"And that is why the king is away to get allies of his own; he will come up with something." Lord Stanley said and Alicent nodded at that." Is there anything else we need to discuss before I dismiss this council?" Alicent asked and Lord Kazamir then spoke up.

"Well, there is one, my queen." He said and Alicent looked at him." In order to secure your husband as King. It would be best to arrange your children in marriage." He said and Alicent's eyes widened at him.

"My sons are 13 years old, Lord Kazamir. They are too young for such marriage." She said as the Lords looked at each other." It didn't stop prince Vanyx from marrying his 14 year old daughter off." He said and Alicent slammed her hand down and looked at him.

"I am not Vanyx. My husband would not desire his only daughter or sons to be married off to a drunken Lord or a whore for support. If any word of marriage proposals for my children come out of your mouth, see to it that you will be punished. You are dismissed." Alicent said and the Lords flinched at her words before bowing and leaving the room.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Alise paced back and forth in her chamber, her mind racing with a mix of excitement and fear. She had recently discovered that she was pregnant with the child of Jacaevar, her secret lover. The news had come as a shock to her, and she couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by the weight of the situation.

As the days went by, Alise's body began to change. She started experiencing bouts of nausea and fatigue, often finding herself unable to keep any food down. The realization that these were symptoms of pregnancy only confirmed her suspicions. Alise knew she had to face the truth and confront the Jacaevar about their unborn child.

One morning, as Alise lay in bed feeling particularly unwell, she received word that Jacaevar would be visiting her. Panic surged through her veins at the thought of facing him. She wasn't ready to reveal her pregnancy just yet; there were too many uncertainties and potential consequences.

Desperate for a solution, Alise decided to avoid Jacaevar's visit altogether. She instructed her handmaidens to inform him that she was indisposed and unable to receive him. It was a risky move, but she couldn't bring herself to face him in her current state.

Days turned into weeks, and Alise continued to keep her distance from Jacaevar. She spent most of her time secluded in her chamber, contemplating what this pregnancy meant for both herself and their relationship.

The weight of secrecy bore heavily on her shoulders, but she couldn't deny the growing bond she felt with the life growing inside her.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Selena and her husband, Vanyx, sat in their opulent study, surrounded by shelves filled with ancient tomes and maps of the kingdom. The room was dimly lit by the soft glow of candlelight, casting long shadows on the walls.

Their daughter, Delaenya, had been married to Lord Emerson for three days now, and the couple had been eagerly discussing their plan to secure their daughter's position and ultimately take over the throne.

Selena leaned forward, her eyes gleaming with determination. "Vanyx, my love, we must ensure that Delaenya's marriage to Lord Emerson is not in vain. We need to gather allies who will support our cause and help us seize the throne."

Vanyx nodded in agreement, his face etched with a mix of excitement and caution. "Indeed, my dear. Our daughter's union with Lord Emerson has opened doors for us. We must capitalize on this opportunity and forge alliances that will strengthen our position."

Selena reached for a map of the kingdom and spread it out on the table before them. "Our first step should be to identify potential allies among the noble houses. We need to find those who are dissatisfied with the current ruler and are willing to support our claim."

Vanyx traced his finger along the map, studying each region carefully. "Yes, we must approach this strategically. Let us start by reaching out to House Ardentia. They have long held a grudge against the current monarch and may be open to an alliance."

Selena nodded thoughtfully. "House Ardentia would indeed be a valuable ally. Their military strength combined with our resources would make us a formidable force."

Vanyx continued, "We should also consider House Valerian. They have been discontented with the current regime for some time now. If we can convince them that our cause is just, they may join us."

Selena smiled, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. "With House Ardentia and House Valerian on our side, it is only a matter of time before we become king and queen. Our son will ascend to the throne, and we shall rule together, bringing prosperity and stability to the kingdom."

Vanyx reached out and took Selena's hand in his. "My love, I have no doubt that we will succeed. We have spent years planning and preparing for this moment. With our intelligence, resources, and the support of our allies, victory is within our grasp."

As they sat there, envisioning their future as rulers, Selena and Vanyx knew that their path would not be easy. They were aware of the challenges they would face, the risks they would have to take. But their determination was unwavering, fueled by their love for each other and their desire to create a better future for their children and the kingdom.