Permission For Udaipur

Author's Pov:

At Sharma family's mansion:

The male of the Sharma family was in their home office, while Advit was enjoying some family time with the ladies. He loved his Dadi, Badi Maa, and his lovely Maa, who was currently tense. The tension stemmed from the fact that her daughter wasn't answering her calls, even though she spent some time talking to Advit just to inquire about the well-being of others. Viharini felt guilty about her actions, but her concern for her family didn't allow her to tolerate her daughter's arrogant tone towards the elders. Her heart sank with the weight of guilt.

Her trance was broken by Advit, who was laying his head on Vanhi's lap.

Advit: Maa, what will you do if dii comes here now? (A small, sad smile crept on her face.)

Viharini: Usse mein jhadu se marungi, kon ghar jhod ke jata hai. (She said in a sad tone with some frustration.)

(I will beat her with a broom; who leaves the house like this?)

She knew she wanted her daughter back home, but when she asked her husband to call her, he gently declined, saying 'Jab papa ne mana kiya hai toh hum kuch nahi kar sakte.' She knew nobody would go against her father-in-law's will, but she wanted her daughter to scold her, to hug her, to massage her hair, and perform many more tasks that she missed doing with her daughter.

When Srida went out for her office project for a week, she used to call her daughter daily to know about her well-being, but this time she couldn't face her daughter. She passed the tests of being a daughter-in-law and a wife, but she was failing as a mother to her daughter. She failed to understand her daughter when she saw wounds on her hands, even when she heard that she had bandages on both hands. That night, she cried the whole night, and her husband's consolation didn't work. She failed to understand her hurt.

Vanhi: Haa, Chhoti, bahut daatenge aur marenge bhi aise kaise chhod ke akele chali gayi. (Vanhi broke Viharini's chain of thoughts.)

(Yes, sister, we will scold her and beat her also for leaving the house like that.)

Radhika: Nahi, mein kisi ko usse marne nahi dungi. Meri bacchi wapas aa jaye wahi thik hai, aur khabardar joo usse chua bhi toh. (She said, gaining both ladies' attention with a small smile, remembering her granddaughter.)

(No, I will not let anybody beat her. I only want her to come back, and I will see who tries to touch her.)

Advit: Wahh Dadi, mujhe toh kabhi itna pyaar nahi karti aap aur Sri dii ko toh... Wah, kya partiality hai. (He said, making the atmosphere lighter.)

(Great grandma, you never love me like this, and for Sri dii... what partiality.)

Radhika: Khabardar joo meri poti ke bare mein kuch bola toh. (She said, defending her granddaughter.)

(Beware if anybody says anything about my granddaughter.)

Advit: Dekh rahi hai aap Badi Maa aur Maa, yeh kaise dii ki side le rahi hai. Samne dii aayengi na toh dekhna kaise character change hoga. (He laid on his Badi Maa's lap while she chuckled and stroked his hair with love.)

(See, Badi Maa and Maa, how she is taking sister's side. But when she comes in front of her, how her character will change.)

Suddenly, a knock was heard from the door, and there was silence for a few moments as Srida, Ishaan, and Anshuman stood at the door. Srida took a few steps back, unsure of her mother's reaction and scared about why her mother was running.