Inspector..

Anshuman's POV:

Every person's perspective, mood, and expression changes because of that one person who becomes your favorite, your life. She thinks that my care is nothing. She entered my life like a flash, but she stays with me. I don't want to let her go. She shows her hard side to everybody, but she is soft at heart.

I know she was scared by her mother's accident news, but she showed a blank face. She is good at hiding emotions, but I caught her glimpse. Only one look in her eyes tells you the whole story. The way she snapped at me; I know she was on the edge of bursting out. Controlling her emotions is what she has mastered. And the hug, the hug was necessary for her, to assure her that everything was fine. The way she relaxed in my arms was heavenly. I never had that feeling with anyone. Her head on my chest, her arms around my torso—everything seemed so good that it hurt me to leave her alone to deal with the hospital work.

I know she is stubborn, not letting me come with her. And talking about my family, they were legitimately lashing out at me to let her go alone. Like seriously, my brother and sister-in-law. Well, they are traitors. They didn't even tell them anything, and my brother, he was not there. He had gone to Samarth Jiju's house for the preparations.

Sometimes I think, what if we didn't meet? What if I didn't attend the reception? What if we didn't bump into each other? What if our families didn't meet? What if we just ignored each other? We wouldn't be here; we wouldn't have gone on a date. She wouldn't have come to Udaipur with us; she might be in Mumbai by now with her family. How our lives change just after a meeting. But I never want to let her go; that is one thing that is constant. She is like a rasmalai. As I describe her, she is the sweet syrup of my life. She entered my life, and I am just the fluffy bread of that rasmalai without sweet syrup. After her entry into my life, everything changes; in my every thought, there is an invasion of her.

Her little antics cause my heart to go wild. I capture several pictures of her when she doesn't notice, when she is busy. Call me a creep, but I know she wouldn't like to be captured in a picture, like she is not that comfortable. And I totally understand that, and I will give her time for that.

It was around 7:30 pm, and we entered Samarth Jiju's house. The party was held in the backyard, which was huge. All business delegates were present at the party; my family was already there. I was the one who was late because I forgot the gift for my rasmalai to collect from her room. So, I came after them. I looked at Samarth Jiju and Akshara Dii near the dance stage; both were talking to someone. I made my way to them to pass the gifts before I forget.

"Happy anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. Singhania," I grinned cheekily.

Samarth: Thanks a lot, Dr. Bansal. Have a great evening. (he said playfully)

"Well, I'm looking forward to it," I said still playfully.

I passed them my gift and bouquet and then passed Srida's packet to Dii.

"This gift is from Srida. She told me to pass it to you and wish you as well and your baby," I said with a constant smile with dimples at the mention of the baby.

Akshara: Trisha told me about her mom. How is she? (she asked with concern while Jiju nodded)

"I asked in the hospital; aunty is fine. But Srida, well, I don't know about her. She is not replying to my text or calls," I said with a sigh.

It's true; neither she answered my call nor my text, so I called the hospital to check on the health of aunty. And her attending doctor, Mr. Paul, informed me about her health and when she would be discharged.