Staying IN Hotel

Author's Pov:

"So, tell me about yourself?" The man in front of Srida kept looking at her with a cold face, 

possibly a fake cold demeanor.

Srida: Oh God, Mr. Singhania, you're making me feel like I'm here for an interview. (She chuckles, and everyone at the table joins in)

Samarth: Well, it's not my fault. You're introducing yourself like we're here for business. Please drop the formalities. (All nodded)

Srida: So, what should I call you? (All facepalmed themselves)

'Did I say something wrong?' Srida wondered.

Advit: Yes, you did, Dii. (Srida narrowed her eyes, and everyone nodded in agreement)

Srida: What? Guys, you're giving me a heart attack. (She put her hand on her chest)

Anshuman: Left. (He said with a serious face)

Srida: Huh? (She raised her brow, not understanding anything)

Anshuman: The heart is on the left side. (He pointed to the left side of the chest while mimicking the action on his chest)

All chuckled at their playful banter.

Srida: Well, Mr. Doctor, I know you're a cardiologist, but that doesn't mean you have to spoil the show. (She said while sulking, and others struggled to hold back their laughter, appreciating the sarcasm in her statement)

Anshuman: As you say, I'm a cardiologist. I can't take this kind of insult to my heart. (Everyone burst out laughing, and Srida also chuckled as Anshuman admired her)

Srida: Well, I think the topic is going somewhere else. Why can't we travel to Udaipur today, Akshara Dii?

Akshara: Uff, they are all jokers. Actually, Mom and Dad decided to visit some relatives, and the highway roads are under construction. So, we have to stay in the hotel for today, and we'll be moving tomorrow. (Everyone nodded in agreement)

Samarth: So, I think since you call Akshara Didi, you have to call me Jiju, but don't worry; I'll be your brother. (He chuckles, and she nods)

Samarth: Well, I think we disturbed someone's morning walk. (He said, and Srida and Anshuman looked at each other for a moment)

Srida: No, no Jiju, Akshara Didi, nothing was like that. (She was feeling nervous)

Akshara: Yeah, I think if we had come after some time, we would have witnessed something unholy. (She teases Srida while Srida was not looking at them, staring at the flower on the table)

Anshuman: No Didi, what are you saying? (He winces like a kid, trying to make everyone believe them)

Ishaan: What happened that you both are teasing them? Tell us also na. (He pleads with Akshara)

Morning walk:

Srida and Anshuman walked in the garden without slippers, letting the dewdrops touch their feet, indicating the start of the winter season. Srida was thinking of the message received from Shiv. She would not let that woman run anymore; she would be the one in control this time.

Anshuman was happy to walk with Srida, but he frowned to see her engaged in her thoughts and not looking ahead. He could see that she was not looking pleasant with the thoughts wandering around her mind as she walked mindlessly. He noticed she was about to enter the rose planting area where thorns were everywhere to protect the roses. He ran to her and wrapped his arm around her waist.