Beach Day!

Author's Pov:

Srida and Anshuman reached Juhu Beach in his G-Wagon, while her Royal Enfield was parked at Bansal Niwas. It was difficult for Anshuman to convince Srida to come with him in his car, but nevertheless, she accepted the offer. Although it was sunny, the cold air was passing through. The sound of the waves was a pleasure to the ears.

By the time they reached, the cleaning drive had started because many people had begun cleaning the beach. Srida was searching for Veer, who was found in the shaded area with the tent where the posters for the beach cleaning drive were hanging.

Srida: Hmm, yeah, there we have to go. (She said, pointing towards the tent)

Anshuman: Okay, let's go. (He said while walking)

Srida: There are many people; it's nice to see people active in these activities. (She said, looking at the people cleaning the beach)

Anshuman: Yeah, it's great that people make time for social work. By the way, how did you know about this drive? (He asked, looking at her. She looked at him and smiled)

Srida: When I came in the morning for a walk, I met a boy, and he invited me. (She said, shrugging while walking ahead)

Anshuman: Boy? He invited you? (He said, astonished and with a hurt voice, hearing 'boy, invites her!')

Srida: Yeah, his father was inviting others, so he also invited me. (She said, frowning, hearing his hurt voice)

Anshuman: Oh, a small boy. (He muttered in relief while Srida still looked at him suspiciously)

Srida: What? What did you say? (She said, moving close to him, while he was shocked by her sudden act)

Anshuman: No... nothing. Let's go, haa, let's go; we are late. (He said, increasing his speed, and Srida had to run)

Srida: Hey, Mr. Long Legs. Why are you so fast? I have short legs. (She said, matching his speed, while huffing, making him slow his speed)

Anshuman: You like giving names to everyone, right? (He asked, looking at her)

Srida: No, you are wrong. I love giving names to everyone. (She said in a mocking tone)

They reached the tent, where a lady with two old men and Veer stood on the desk with binoculars, looking at the people cleaning the beach. As Veer saw Srida, he jumped from the desk and stood in front of both with a goofy smile. He looked at Anshuman with narrow eyes while making faces.

Srida: Hi, Veer. Anshuman, he is the boy who invited me. (She said, introducing Veer, who was looking at her)

Veer: Hello, uncle. (He said with a huff when the lady with him told him to say hello)

Anshuman: UNCLE!!! (He said with a slightly loud voice, pointing at himself)

Srida and the other lady blinked their eyes to grasp the situation. Srida opened her mouth to say something but ended up laughing, holding her stomach, while the lady looked at him apologetically. The old men also snickered at their laugh.

"Veer, he is not uncle, beta," the lady said to Veer while apologizing to Anshuman.

Veer: Mumma, then what should I call him? (He asked cutely)

Srida: Veer, you can call him bhaiya, right bhaiya. Argh....... Mean Anshuman, it's okay, na. (She said after calling him bhaiya, while he was shocked like 'what the hell' is happening with him)

Anshuman: Yeah, you can call me bhaiya. (He said, sighing while massaging his forehead)

"You can start with the cleaning. Remove your shoes, accessories, and extra bags. We will keep them in the locker, and slippers, masks, and caps will be given to you after that," Veer's mother told them.