70

TIFFANY'S POV

     I took the pot from the gas and smiled at how good my food scented. Anyone who was passing by would easily know she just made a spicy meal.

I took off the apron from my body and dropped it on the sink. I washed my hands and then served some food into the plate.

I was starving and it felt like I could fall at any moment. When I finished, I thought of Luciano. He may possibly be as famished as I am.

“Uh---but where the hell is he?”  I asked looking around. I am sure that I haven’t had any contact with him.

I served some food for him too and when I walked toward the dinning to drop it, a frown appeared on my face.

“Fucking asshole,” I cussed under my breathe and reached for the plate on the table. The plate was steel cold and the food untouched.

How else could Luciano show that he was a jerk?

I scoffed and turned back to the food thinking of how best to dispose and yell at his freaking face but I paused. What if he wasn’t fine and the only thing he can do is skip meals?

A part of me grew concerned and a part of me wanted to check up on him but I brushed it off. I sat down quietly to eat my meal. I had a glass of juice beside me and I took a sip at intervals.

Somehow, the food tasted better than the last one and I wished he could try this one to see I’m really a good cook until shit happens.

After eating, I walked to the counter and dropped the plates there. Seeing how messy it would look, I rinsed the plate.

I turned back to the couch and fell on it. I picked up the remote and changed the channel to something different. I didn’t feel like watching a show but I did. I increased the volume and kept turning back to see if Luciano would come out of his room.

I sat leg crossed watching the TV show when my phone buzzed on the couch. I turned in the direction of the phone and checked who was calling.

When I saw it was Gladys I dropped the phone back on the couch and continued watching my show. Yes, I was ignoring her.

I didn’t feel like talking and shit.

The phone rang thrice and when it finally stopped buzzing, I grabbed my phone. It pinged and I raised my brow as I read the text.

     'Hey Tiff, I’m at Gladys’ place, want to come over?'

It was from Massimo.

I didn’t respond to the text instead I tossed the phone away and scoffed. I didn’t like the sound of that and for some reason, it just made me think of one possible thing; was Gladys fucking Massimo too?

  Why do I feel like she is fucking him.

“Oh common Tiff,” I blurted and tried to brush it off but that one was stuck in my head.

As I stood up from the couch, the phone pinged again and I paused to check it.

    'Don’t say no please..'

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I read his text. I dialled his number wanting to make sure he was the one—

“Tiff!” his voice greeted with excitement. I thought you wouldn’t pick.”

“Uh—I was just busy. Where are you?”

“At Gladys’ place,” he responded. “I said it on the text.”

“Yeah, right.”

“So you’re coming over, right?”

“No—uh, I’m busy and uh—"

“common Tiff, you don’t have to stay back and be worried.”

I thought of it. Staying back would make me worried especially now that I hadn’t seen Luciano.

“Fine. See you soon.”

A small smile crept on my lips because I couldn’t deny what I was feeling for Massimo.

I turned away to get dressed and when I did, I thought of going into Luciano’s room with his food. That way I’d have an excuse while checking to see what was wrong with him.

I got the food and walked to his door. I knocked gently and pushed the door open. When I walked in, I saw him seated on his bed with his face down.

“I uh—I brought your food,” I told him and dropped it on the stool beside him.

“I am not hungry,” he blurted.

“But you didn’t have any food last night and now you must be starving.”

“I am not starving, just change your fucking top or wear a jacket.”

It felt creepy at first but I just walked away and grabbed a jacket before leaving.

I walked for a few minutes after the taxi dropped me. I got to the building and took one glance at the outside. Sometimes I wonder how Gladys could afford to pay for such an exquisite apartment.

I used the elevator and when I got to the floor, I reached the door and pushed it open. I was greeted with cooing breeze and my eyes moved to Gladys and Massimo standing in a weird position.

“Common, I’ll tie the shoe lace myself, just get back to your game,” Massimo said in a hurry and turned to me.

Gladys smiled at me and I returned the gesture. I smiled gently and Massimo pulled me into a hug. “I’m glad you made it.”

“Yeah,” I said with a small smile.

“Let’s go, I have a surprise.”

“What’s this?” I asked as we walked into a room with dim lightening. I could barely see anything but there was a soft music in the background.

I raised my brow as I followed him inside. He held my hands and then paused.

“Tiff, I just want you to know that I’m in love with you and I would love it if you do me the honors. Be my girlfriend, Tiff.”

“What?” I asked with utmost shock. I was sure as hell not expecting that. “You’re serious,” I muttered and he gave a nod.

“Yes,” I responded.

An applause followed and I froze when the light came on and I saw people standing and applauding.

“Oh my god.” I mouthed. I’ve never felt this special.

He leaned forward and kissed my lips.

That special feeling.