96: Blocked

Getting all these seem so annoying. I can't believe my father is indeed so toxic to tell his men to monitor me in another country. I couldn't even stay alone in my room for long without them coming to check. For real, I can't count how many times they had walked into me naked or having sex with someone.

    Getting out, I felt so fulfilled. It was like I haven't achieved anything in my live until now.

I lied to my those men that I needed to get groceries. I couldn't tell them where I was going or what I wanted to get done.

It still sounded annoying to know that my father had his men watching me and giving him feedbacks on my every move.

When I was able to get away from them, I took a turn and headed to the apartment. It was Selena's place and I needed to see her discretely.

Her place wasn't the typical poor person's place. She was a little above that, in the average man position.

I gave a small knock before pushing the door open and helping myself inside.

She wasn't expecting me so her first reaction was very valid. A grunt escaped her lips and she stepped back.

Her face reeked of confusion, probably because she never thought i'd find her but that's how I am. If you work for me, I would know every single thing about you.

"I know they'll be back soon but we can finish this quickly before your children get back," I told her and smirked at how tensed she was.

I wasn't going to hurt her but her first worry was her children which showed she was a mother.

"What's taking you so long?" I finally asked getting to the point. "Why haven't you come out with the right woman?"

She swallowed hard and took a step back.

"I— please don't hurt me.. I—"

I frowned. "Hurt you? Answer the damn question, Selena."

She gave a nod. "Uh— I have brought three women but you rejected all of them."

"Was I supposed to accept them when there was disparity? I fucking told you what I want. The first one had a different hair color and the third one? Listen, I need the right woman."

She looked confused like she was trying to understand what exactly I was doing but I didn't have the time for that.

"I really want the right woman and I don't care how you do it, but I need you to come up with her as soon as possible." I paused. "Do you understand that? I'm paying you for crying out loud and the least thing I need is for you to keep messing this."

"What do you really want the woman for?" Selena asked to quench her curiosity but that only reeked me. My business was my business and she had no silly right to know.

I frowned and raised my brow at her. "Why? You want to give yourself?" I asked taking a step forward.

She shook her head in disapproval. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Please, I promise to get you someone as soon as possible—"

"Enough of that," I told her. "Get me someone quick."

With that, I turned away and left. I was done with the message and I needed to get back home. I slid into the car and drove home.

I got inside the apartment and tossed my keys to the table. I shoved out my phone from my pocket and dialed my mom's number.

"Mom."

"Massimo," she called. "Your father is mad at you."

I gave a nod and swallowed hard. I knew he would be but I didn't think it was this serious.

Her voice was shaky and I could sense that she was scared. My eyes got teary but I sniffed back the tears.

I couldn't think of anything else. I couldn't afford to lose my mom.

"Mom, you have to trust me," I told her. "Are you secured?"

She took a moment. "Yes son but— but I have limited time."

I sniffed back the tears welling in my eyes. "I don't want to lose you, mom," I muttered under my breath. I couldn't afford to lose her, it was crazy.

"Listen son, I can just work on it."

"No," I blurted. "We'll just swap you."

"Massimo I've told you that I do not like that idea. Your father will kill the woman if he finds out."

I exhaled audibly. "Don't worry about that mom, I'll take care of it."

"How do you intend to do that?" She questioned. "Please don't tell me you're okay with anyone dying just so you can save me."

"Mom, what i'm not okay with is losing you. Please just trust me and let's have this over with." I paused to catch my breath. "I can pay anyone  whatever amount I have to pay to have a surgery for this and get killed."

"Don't ever say that again!" She said. I could sense it that she was angry at my choice of words but I was being honest and real here.

"Mom—"

"No you listen. You can't have history repeat itself again."

"History? What are you talking about Mom?"

She took a deep breath like she was trying to gather some time before spilling.

"Talk to me mom," I told her. "What are you talking about?"

"It's your dad. I'm sorry son—"

"Mom just talk to me."

"I've been keeping this away from you but your father did this and he ended up killing a little girl's parents."

"What? Mom why did he— I mean how did this—"

"My time is up," she said. "I'll call you later."

"Mom, hold on—" I said but the call beeped and I just sighed in disbelief.

I kept pondering on what she said. Who was that?

For a moment I paused and tossed my phone to the wall.

"Wait," I muttered to myself. Gladys. Was it her parents that my Father killed?

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and brushed it off. I reached for my phone and dialed Luciano's number.

The call connected in split seconds.

"Luciano," I called but the call ended immediately. I raised my brow.

I called again and this time, I figured he blocked me.

He must have heard my voice and blocked me.

"Shit!!" I mumbled and tossed the phone away. I felt a flush of emotion but it hurt that he blocked me.