109: Too far

The antiseptic smell in the hospital made me swallow hard. I had no idea how to feel about the whole thing.

I sat down quietly thinking of everything that could possibly happen. 

I love Luciano enough to have a child with him but the problem was our parents. I kept wondering how they would react to such news.

Was I even ready?
I can't say that I am still a child but the baby in me haven't yet be fulfilled about life.

They'd never support us and I knew it deep down. I tried to brush off the thoughts in my head.

Luciano was nowhere to be found so j sat there quietly trying to think of ways to keep my mind occupied.

I shoved out my phone from my bag and looked at the screen. I checked my socials as a way of whirling away time.

I kept scrolling till I saw a screenshot Of Gladys sex video. I swallowed hard and a part of me felt like knowing what exactly people thought.

I clicked on the post and checked the comment section where people called her a 'pick me.'

'Disgusting whore' another comment read.

'Does anyone else find this girl strangely irritating? This is wild'

'Fucked her before. She's chill'

'Me too. Never been more proud of a pornstar. She's got quite a libido and it made us do really wild things in the most awkward places'

"Holy shit," I muttered as I kept reading the comments. Everything about the comment reeked of disgust and wildness.

I can't lie. It felt somehow good knowing Karma was working right under my nose. She was getting what she deserved quite early.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I kept reading the comments. I read everything till I got to the comment where I saw my name.

My heart first skipped but I tried to maintain composure as I read the comments.

'I heard she tricked one Tiffany into sending her nudes for sale. When she didn't make so much from it, she leaked it. Haha.'

'And guess why she didn't make sales? Cause the girl in question doesn't have a perfect body.'

'She's okay to me'

I read the last comment and I felt a lump in my throat. I didn't know which one felt worse; to be in the hospital with no sight of Luciano or to actually read comments where two strangers are talking about you and they're not even saying nice things.

Whatever thing they had in mind when typing that was definitely have its effect on me cause now I couldn't stop thinking.

Is it true?

Are they telling the truth?

A lot of thoughts coursed through my head as I read the comments and replayed the whole thing in my head.

And Luciano? I asked myself. Did he feel this same way about my body too? Has he been lying all the times he talked of my body being perfect?

I couldn't stand the thoughts of being lied to and it made my throat itch.

"Hey."

I tried to blink back the tears welling in my eyes when I heard the voice. I turned in the direction of the voice and it was Luciano.

"Are you good?" He asked and I gave a small nod.

"Yeah yeah. Uh—"

"We should go," he said. "I can help with that." He reached to help me carry my bag but I stopped him.

"Wait. The results..."

"I'll come back for it," he told me. "We can even call, that's not going to be a problem."

"Oh," I blurted.

All of a sudden, he felt a little distorted and I just stood there trying to understand what just happened.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

He swallowed hard. "I'll explain everything to you," he said and we walked toward the door.

"Get down!!" "Help!!"

The noise coming from the different places made us turn trying to understand what was happening.

We soon realized it was a gun shot and there was still shooting happening at the back.

"This way, come this way," Luciano said and held me closely to himself. He looked sideways before shielding me and getting us out of the building.

"Get into the car!" He ordered as he held the door out. I quicky got inside and held my chest as a way of calming myself down.

He slammed his foot on the accelerator and drove away in such speed that made me use my seat belt immediately..

He continued driving till we got to a place where he had to stop.

"Shit, it's the cops."

My heart skipped for a moment but I tried to remain calm.

The officer walked toward us and raised his hands while looking around. He looked Luciano, at me, and back at Luciano.

"Get down," the officer ordered.

I frowned because why they were doing their job, wasn't it obvious that we couldn't have been the people shooting?

"But—"

"Don't day anything," Luciano ordered and I gave a small nod. I took off the seatbelt and came out of the car for them to see.

"Turn around, hands up," the first officer told Luciano.

Luciano did as he was told and they searched the car. As they got closer to me, I placed my hands on my tummy in an attempt to protect myself.

"Move this way," the office told me and turned to bring out the metal detector.

"Huh?" I mouthed. "You can't use that on me."

"Why's that?" The officer asked and I thought of the first thing to say.

"Because i'm pregnant," I blurted.

He looked at me and then shook his head in disapproval. His facial expression showed that he didn't believe me.

He walked closer to me and I immediately puked on him. Frankly, I didn't know how that happened. It could be the anxiety or fear but that puke came at the perfect time.

   "I told you... I.. I ..Sorry."

"Oh shit," the officer said and turned away. "That was so—"

He stepped back and spoke a few words to his walkie talkie. He waited for a moment before asking us to go.

I gave a small nod as Luciano got back in the car and drove away.

"Are you okay?" Luciano asked but I didn't respond.