119

Gladys took hastened steps to where I sat and before I could say anything, she slapped me.

"You piece of shit," she cussed panting hard.

The guard walked to us immediately but I looked at him and shook my head. "Don't worry, I'll handle this."

He looked like he was unsure of my response but I gave a nod insisting that it was okay and he could leave.

"Go ahead," I told him again. "I'll take care of her."

He gave a nod in response and walked away through the door. I watched him walk away before turning my attention back to Gladys who stood there like a statue.

Her brows were furrowed and her lips formed a grim. You could tell from one glance that she was upset and mostly, frustrated.

She kept panting hard like there was more to say and I knew she came for a reason.

"To what do I owe this unpleasant visit?" I asked her and a furrow appeared on her forehead.

"Unpleasant, really?" She looked at me and smirked wickedly. "I promise you've not seen one bit of unpleasant."

"Just fucking calm down and tell me what this is about!!" I yelled. "What do you want?"

She raised her hands again and slapped me. I turned my face sideways and paused for a moment. I felt the same anger well in me so I turned and slapped her back.

She took a step back and held her cheek with her hands. The effect of the slap on her was more and so she took a moment to get herself back before she looked at me again.

"You fucking bastard," she cussed with a loud voice. "You have no idea how it feels to be disgraced huh? Of course you don't. You have no idea how humiliated I feel. I promise that you'll pay for this.

"I do not understand what you're saying," I managed to say.

She puffed out air as if holding so much in her chest. "Don't even play dumb Massimo! You know exactly what I am saying. I know that and you cannot tell me —"

"Can you fucking tell me what this is about and stop beating around the bush?"

"The sex video," she sobbed. "It was leaked and— my face.. It's everywhere.. You don't know how it is to be naked online... I a everywhere on the internet," she explained. "It's so humiliating to be in this position. I swear that I can't think straight but I'll find—"

"Okay calm down," I told her. "You had sex with—"

"It was a rape incident," she said interrupting me. "I was raped!! Can't you understand why it's even more humiliating? I swear I'll sue you."

She took a moment to catch her breath and then used her hands to hit her forehead. "Fuck! Other people are even using my video to make money off porn sites. They're ridiculing me at every opportunity they get when not one person is a saint."

I kept quiet for a moment to allow her rant and when she looked at me, I raised my brow.

"What?" She asked looking at me suspiciously.

"Nothing, I just think you deserve every bit of it. Don't you think so too?"

She looked at me angrily and in split seconds, she shoved out a gun from her back pocket.

She raised the gun and pointed it to me. "Now guess what you deserve?" She said and swallowed hard.

I looked at her unbelievably and a small smile tugged on my lips. There was no way on earth that Gladys could shoot me.

I saw the way her hands shook nervously so I shook my head. "You're a clown," I chuckled. "I know you can't do that too. You look really cute trying to be all rigid but you're just a dumb girl who—"

She pulled the trigger and I flinched. She shot the couch beside me and at that point, I realised how serious she was about shooting.

"Am I still a clown?" She asked looking at me with the gun pointed at me. "How much of a clown am I, huh?"

I swallowed hard. "Just put the gun down. Gladys, put the gun down and— just take it down."

She looked at me and sniffed. "I swear that I could blow your brains out."

"Tell me what you want. What do you want?" I asked her but she didn't respond at first.

She took a moment to think before looking at me. "I want to kill you."

"You're crazy," I blurted and chuckled. I felt she was joking till I raised my head and she had a stern expression on her face.

She wasn't smiling and she had the gun pointed at me still.

"Wait, you're serious?" I asked. "Okay, hold on. Just put the gun down. I can help— I can help you take the sex videos down. We can do that Gladys, just put the gun down."

"Do I look dumb to you?" She asked and chuckled. "I know Luciano is the only one who had the device that can remove the videos."

I raised my brows in surprise cause I didn't know that.

"So get it from him. Go and get Luciano instead."

She shook her head like she was tired of hearing me talk. "I need your help."

"My help? With what?" I asked her and paused when I realized. "I can't hurt Luciano," I told her.

"It's not Luciano, it's Tiffany."

I raised my brows at her and she gave a nod confirming what she just said.

"Tiffany caused this. She got me expelled from college and I know she's the one who planted the porn videos with Luciano."

I paused to think. There was no way i'd do this. Hurting Tiffany also meant hurting Luciano. It didn't make any sense cause i'll still be doing what I do not want.

"Why should I help you?" I asked her.

"Cause you'll redeem what your parents did to mine."