Letter 8

september 9, 1996

Dearest Molly,

I hope this letter finds you well my friend. I wanted to keep you informed about a matter concerning your niece. Please do not worry or be alarmed; this is simply to keep you in the loop.

While Dione is excelling in her other classes, I have noticed a slight struggle in Potions. However, I have already taken measures to help her get back on track.

I've arranged a program to support her in improving her performance, and I have been in touch with Severus Snape. He has kindly granted Dione the time she needs to make up her marks.

As the Hufflepuff head of house, I want to assure you that Dione is in good hands, and I will be keeping a close eye on her progress. I believe that she will overcome this challenge with the support and guidance that we plan to provide her. 

It might be helpful to approach her with understanding and care during this time, as I have noticed her becoming slightly withdrawn this year. I often catch her sitting alone in the common room or picking at her barely eaten plate during meals. Many of the Hufflepuff students have been having a harder time in the past years, as you know we have experienced loss and hardship more than the other houses here at Hogwarts. I know Dione is one that was especially close with Cedric Diggory, so I want to make sure I allow her more space for her. 

Please know that Dione is in good hands and her welfare is of the utmost importance to me, I will do everything in my power to help her succeed. If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. 

With warm regards,

Ponoma Sprout

Thanks for reading! Let's chat!

Who's your favorite Hogwarts professor?