Letter 12

September 12, 1996

Dear Aunty,

I hope you're doing well. I know I can always talk to you, and I wanted to share how I'm feeling at the start of this semester. It's a bit overwhelming, but I'm determined to start strong. My marks in Potions are falling behind, and I'll be starting tutoring with another student to improve.

I promise I'll work hard to raise my grade, so please don't be upset with me. Initially, I was supposed to start with a different tutor, but it didn't work out as planned. I tried my best to make a good impression, but I guess it didn't go well. It's okay; I understand that you can't make everyone like you, but it's frustrating when people are rude without reason. I was hoping the arrangement would help take my mind off the things that are distracting me from my studies in the first place but I will have to find something else.

The Hufflepuff common room is so different now without Cedric, I can't help but to feel sad sitting there while reading or watching other people laugh and move on. I try to keep to myself most of the time because I don't wish to ruin anyone else's mood. I miss having a study partner and someone to always walk to class with. Obviously, everyone is kind but it just isn't the same.

On a brighter note, I'm planning to spend some girl time with Ginny. It will be nice to have some company and not be a hermit. Thank you for always checking on me, Aunty. Your love and support mean the world to me.

With love,
Dione Prewett

Thanks for reading! Let's chat!

Which movie did Harry have the best hair?