Chapter three

Y/n's POV

The next weeks were quite uneventful, I must say. People weren't getting in my way, seeing the badge of the Disciplinary Committee. I was still bothered by that girl, who calls herself my friend and I participated in the workout sessions with the other members of the Committee. Pure boredom. 

The only thing that really changed was Akashi's approach to me, and likewise. I don't know how it was for him, but in my head, he owed me a favor. I planned on keeping it for longer, I knew from experience, that favors could be very useful. 

-Y/n are you listening to me? - asked my "friend".

-Of course. - I lied.

-Then what did I just say? - she pressured.

-Did you forget? - I countered.

-I asked you if you plan on joining the party our former classmates from Junior High are throwing. - she repeated herself. 

-So you remember, what you said. - I answered. 

-Don't play stupid. - she scoffed at me. 

-You're the one either playing stupid, or is stupid, by asking me about that party. - I said. - Bold of you to assume, I want to see any of them again. Especially Kaname. 

-I don't know, why the two of you hate each other so much. - she sighed, making me grit my teeth. 

-Maybe because he made me go through hell every day. - I did all I could to sound calm. 

-And you fucked his girlfriend. - she said. 

-It wasn't me who started, but surely I finished. - I smirked, remembering his face when he found out and after the fight we had. - So no, I'm not going. But you can greet Yuki from me.

At the sound of the bell I got up and made my way to the class. I rolled my eyes hearing the voices of the Sparda siblings, arguing about something again. Apparently Dante was teasing his sister about someone she liked, and she threatened to tell the girl Dante liked about his feelings. Once they noticed I was there, they went silent. 

-Please, do continue. - I smirked. - It was pretty amusing. 

-You missed the show, too late. -Vergilia sighed, composing herself. 

-Too bad, I guess. - I muttered and leaned on the desk. 

It was time for English classes. Since I was good, I planned on sleeping thought it. In general, I could do whatever I wanted, the teacher didn't bother me. She knew I wasn't learning anything new anyway. It would take a lot of time for others to come to my level. Though I must say Vergilia was very close. 

Time skip

As the last period was coming, I was waiting for an opportunity to run away. I didn't plan on taking the math test. Once the teacher, who was minding the door, took the turn around the corner, I walked through the door and ran to the gate as fast as I could. I hid around the wall surrounding the school and looked over my shoulder. No one was chasing me, no one was outside. Mission accomplished. I started walking home, taking my time. I didn't need to reach home too early, but at the same time, I didn't want to risk being spotted by someone I knew either. So I went to the take-away restaurant. Twenty minutes later, I was walking back home with a cheeseburger in my hands.

I reached home at the right time, just as if I didn't skip school. Unfortunately my luck wasn't on my side. My mother was home, ready to yell at me. Perfect. 

-You skipped classes again, they called from school. - she said. 

-Yeah, I may have decided to shorten my schedule for today. - I answered. 

-Listen to me, you're almost adult.-she stared, here we go again. - I don't care about your grades, that's your problem. Do what you want. But you better pass all of your exams, or you are going to move out to your father. I don't know how you will do it and I don't care. 

-Will do, at least I won't have to answer stupid questions about school anymore. - I said and went to my room, wishing for some peace.