Chapter thirty seven

Y/n was on his way to the Principal's office to deliver the list of the Committee delegates for the visit of the students from Japan, when he got approached by Ojiro Otori. He had a paper in his hand and asked Y/n for a minute of time.

-Can we meet in my office in ten minutes? - Y/n asked. - Principal is waiting for me.

-Yes, I'll be waiting for you. - Ojiro nodded and made his way in the direction of Y/n's office.

Y/n walked up to the door of the Principal's office and knocked on it before he walked in.

-Good afternoon, here's the list of the delegates. - he said extending the hand with the list.

-Thank you, no further changes planned?- nodded the Principal.

-Unless something important happens. -Y/n answered.

-Alright, you're free. - the Principal said and put the list on the desk.

Y/n bowed and left. He made his way to the office quickly, he didn't want to make Ojiro wait for too long. He reached him fairly quick.

-Sorry for the wait. - he said as he unlocked the door and opened them. Ojiro followed him right after. They walked up to the desk and sat down. - What brings you to me?

-I wanted to thank you for helping me out, instead of just punishing me and not caring anymore. - Ojiro said making Y/n surprised, he didn't let it show though. - Also I wanted to give you this. - he added and slid the sheet he held to Y/n. He took the paper in his hand and red though it. That was a application form.

-As far as I like helping people like me, I want you to know that I don't expect any gratification for that. Are you sure you want to join? - Y/n said, careful with who he trusted, as usual.

-Yes. - Ojiro nodded. - You heard me out when no one else did and took steps that actually helped. I didn't think much of the counselors or teachers.

-Me neither, but I also had someone who pulled me out of the gutter. - Y/n smiled lightly. - Alright, I accept your application. - Y/n took the badge and a pager out of the drawer, before he gave them to Ojiro. - These will be useful, wear them on you and never take the badge off in school. Otherwise you'll be treated like an ordinary student in case of trouble.

-Understood, thank you Captain. - Ojiro took the stuff and put the badge on. - How should I address you?

-Y/n is enough. - Y/n smiled. - We may have a military-like hierarchy, but that's all. Welcome on the board. You're free to go.

Ojiro bowed and left the office. Y/n was about to leave too, but he was interrupted by the knock on his door. He rolled his eyes as he wanted to go to his girlfriend and spend time with his friends. Instead someone decided to bother him.

-Come in. - he said with a sigh.

-Hello Kitten. - Y/n's mood went up immediately at the sound of that voice.

-I was just thinking of going to you. -he said as he took Vergilia in his arms.

-You called me here with your thoughts.- Vergilia smiled in response. - If you still want to come to me, you can come to my place.

-Yes I can, yes I will. - Y/n said and kissed her forehead.

-How nice. - Vergilia chuckled. - Feels like you're moving in slowly anyway. Soon I will have to make space for your stuff in my wardrobe. Not that I'm complaining.

-At least we will have less stuff to move. - Y/n shrugged. - So it's not that bad. What are we eating then?

-Let's just order pizza this time. -Vergilia said after a moment of considering different options. - I don't feel like cooking today.

-Me neither. - Y/n smiled. - Pizza would be fine.

They stayed in Y/n's office until the end of the break. Then they walked out, Y/n locked the door and they made their way to the classroom.

-I noticed that guy leaving your office with a badge. - she said as they walked. - Didn't you have problems with him not so long ago?

-Yeah. - Y/n nodded. - And I accepted his application. If I'm right and he will do good, he will take over once we graduate. But that's a thing for some other time, we have maths to survive. Mostly I.

-You'll be fine, I'll help you. -Vergilia said, kissed Y/n's cheek and let Y/n open the door to the classroom.