Chapter ten

Y/n huffed and put his forehead on the desk, before hitting it lightly. He asked Akashi for help with maths, to which he agreed. At the moment Seijurou was checking Y/n's answers, while Y/n knew he fucked up again. The sigh from Akashi confirmed his thoughts.

-Explain one thing to me. - he said. - You are good in languages, you are good with chemistry and physics, but at the same time, you're terrible at math.

-Because what we learn on those subjects is somehow useful in life, or interesting. - Y/n answered. - And more than half of the shit we learn on math is useless. All I want is to pass the tests and forget this crap.

-How will you pass the finals then? -Seijurou asked

-Great question. - Y/n sighed once more.

-Alright, focus once more. - Akashi said and again explained the last lesson again.

After studying they grabbed the basketball and walked out to play. Y/n knew that he won't be a match to Seijurou's level when he got serious. That's why Seijurou didn't play all out on him, there was no need. Akashi's practice was focused on him being the best player possible, while Y/n's goals were to be quick, have a good stamina and be able to throw a strong punch.

-I would still take you to the team, if you wanted. - Akashi said when they were resting.

-I appreciate it, but you know I can't.- Y/n said. - I shouldn't getting into any physical activities apart from the trainings with Committee.

-You wouldn't be able to let go of the girls. - Seijurou pointed. - Although I think, that if there will be someone you will settle down for, you'd have to marry her right away.

-I don't think it will happen. - Y/n answered.

-You know it's not true. - Akashi said, watching his friend. - We both know someone is on the horizon.

-And I will make sure it stays on that horizon only. The further away the better. - Y/n snapped, so Akashi knew it was the end of the subject. He decided to change the topic.

-Let's go eat something. - he offered.

He earned a nod in a response, so they got up from the bench near the court and left to the take-away nearby. They made their orders and once they were ready, they collected them. They were talking about the upcoming basketball tournament. Akashi was sure that he would win, but he also didn't allow himself to underestimate the opponents, since they were his teammates from the Secondary School.

-They won't give up easily. - said Seijurou, after telling Y/n their story.

-I believe in you. - Y/n answered simply, taking Akashi aback. No one ever told him that before. -Don't look at me like I grew another head. - he chuckled. - We are friends, even if no one would be standing beside you, I will.

-I never thought I will hear that from someone. - Seijurou said, deep in thought. - To think all it took for us to grow so much on one another was a fight.

-Sometimes it's hard to explain things that happen. - Y/n took a sip of his drink.- I mean look at you and that guy, Levi. And his sister. They are both in our class and they share the birthday with you.

-We also have two pairs of twins in our class. - Seijurou nodded.

-Exactly, that's crazy. - chuckled Y/n.

-Speaking of crazy, what will you be doing on Christmas? - asked Akashi with slight amusement in his eyes.- Going to the festival with your worse half? - Y/n broke out laughing, hearing the reference to his girlfriend.

-Nah, she has the show to perform. - he answered, once he stopped laughing. - It's boring, I don't really wanna go.

-You have to admit that she is a good skater. - said Seijurou. - Is it also boring to see her program?

-No, it's annoying when I see her perform. - Y/n frowned.

-How so? - Akashi didn't understand his friend sometimes.

-I may not exactly consider her my future wife, but I am jealous. - he said. - Whenever I see her moves, and I think of how good she looks, I know that almost half of the audience thinks that too. And I also know that she would use the opportunity to cheat whenever she has one. So I stopped going to her performances.

-I wouldn't accept her behavior, if I were you. - Akashi shook his head.

-I know, but that's the best I can get.- Y/n answered, looking at the pavement in front of him.

"If only you accepted that you are wrong. But you're like me, you won't admit that." thought Akashi.