Chapter seventeen

Y/n was spending more time with the Sparda twins, much to his surprise. Yes, he met up with Vergilia for studying sessions, but he also started going out with them. Vergilia was also talking to him every day at school, sitting next to him in his usual spot on the windowsill by the stairs. Lady kept Dante occupied with herself, so he wouldn't disturb Y/n and Vergilia too much. Sometimes they would be bothered by Inoue, but that couldn't really be helped. In these times, Vergilia would read her poetry book, distracting herself. Y/n unfortunately had to listen to Inoue's gossiping.

-I also know that there will be a fieldtrip! - she said excited, as if she knew some secret nobody else knew.

-I know, I'm going as the Disciplinary Committee delegate. - Y/n answered smirking.

-And you didn't tell me anything?!- she exclaimed a little too loud.

-Quieter, you're interrupting Vergie. –Y/n said.

He didn't notice the small smile on Vergilia's face at the nickname and the fact that he cared for her peace. Y/n rested his head back against the wall and closed his eyes for a bit.

-Is Vergie also going? - Inoue asked, adding more accent on her name.

-It's Vergilia – she corrected. - and yes, I plan on going.

-So you corrected me, but you didn't correct Y/n. - she said and Y/n took a deep breath. "Does she have to be so dumb? Shut the hell up, I liked that she didn't say anything!" he thought.

-Y/n is allowed to call me that, you're not. - Vergilia answered, Y/n chest growing warm. "How can she do this to me?" he thought.

-When will you two confess to each other? - Inoue teased, making Y/n's rage go from zero to hundred immediately.

-Shut up, before the only confession I will have to make will be to admit murder with particular cruelty. -he growled, both girls knowing that Inoue hit a sensitive chord. Vergilia looked at Y/n. She was prepared for moments like that.

-I just reminded myself that I have something good for you. - she said and handed him the box of banana and chocolate Pocky.

Y/n got immediately interested in it. He opened the box and offered some for the both of them. Then he took a bite himself, enjoying the taste. He smiled in his head at how easy his anger vanished with one thing Vergilia did. His content moment was away when he felt his phone buzz. He checked it to see a message from Vergilia. "We need to talk" it said.

Time skip

After classes, Vergilia told Y/n he was going with her. He didn't argue, he got in the car when Eva came to pick them up. The atmosphere was tense, especially between the two. Y/n followed Vergilia to her room before Vergilia sat down on her chair.

-Sit down. - she said, sounding calm. Y/n relaxed a bit before sitting down on her bed and letting her start. - Tell me please, no excuses or avoiding the answer. Do you have feelings for me?

-Vergie...I...- he couldn't find words, he couldn't hold her gaze.

-Deep breath, no panic. - Vergilia spoke to him calmly. - It's not that bad.

-It's terrible. - Y/n said in the end.- It has never been so bad before. Words are too weak to describe what I feel and I'm terrified. Whenever I let my thoughts roam free, they run to you. And I know how that all would end, so we can't allow us to be together.

-How will it end, according to you? -Vergilia asked.

-How can it? - Y/n was getting irritated now. - You know how my previous relationships went, I have no idea, how a healthy one should look like. I will only hurt you and that's the last thing I want to do. You deserve so much better than me.

Vergilia moved to sit next to Y/n, but he moved away. Even though they just touched for a second, she could feel that he was shaken up.

-How would you feel, if someone would be by my side, to you it all would look healthy, as you called it, and then it would turn out that he would abuse me. - she answered. - And if I would be yours instead, it wouldn't have happened?

-I would blame the hell out of myself.- Y/n admitted. - But I would also blame myself if you cried because of me.

They sat there in silence for a moment, before Vergilia spoke up.

-I know that I found my one. - she said. - All I expect from you is to be faithful to me. As for the rest, you may not know how a proper relationship should look like, but I know. Just follow my lead. Try to trust me.

Y/n didn't say anything to that, he tried to wrap his head around all of this. They knew about their feelings for each other, but he wasn't sure if he was able to take the risk. He felt so vulnerable by her, but at the same time, he would do anything for her. Even jump in the fire.

-You would have to be very patient with me. - he said silently, not sure if his voice wouldn't fail him. Vergilia got closer to him and slowly reached her hand out. She feltlike she was trying to tame an animal at the moment. She gently stroke his temple. This time she was sure that he was shaking.

-Relax. - she said softly.

-I can't. - he said. - I'm scared.

-Of affection? - Vergilia asked, to which he nodded.

-I don't know it, I also don't know what should I do with it. - he said.

-Enjoy it. - Vergilia said, smiling lightly, as Y/n seem to lean in her touch slowly. - Enjoy it, relax. You can come hold me, you can give me a kiss. - then she started playing with his hair a bit. - You can play with my hair, like I do now with yours. We can even lay down on the bed and snuggle if you want.

-That last one actually sounds convincing. - Y/n answered with a small smile too.

With that they moved on the pillows. Y/n laid his head on Vergilia's chest and sighed in content as she still stroke his temple. He had his arms wrapped loosely around her waist. After a moment Vergilia noticed that Y/n's breath evened out. She looked at him and saw him fast asleep. She shook her head and reached to her bedside table for a book, since she knew she wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon.

When Dante came in to call his sister and friend for dinner, he was silently shown to be quiet and leave. He grinned at the sight.

-Is he asleep? - he asked.

-Yes, now get out. - Vergilia answered.- We will come eat later.

Dante nodded and left chuckling silently, as Vergilia got back to reading. Her other arm was wrapped around Y/n's shoulders. He started stirring after a while and opened his eyes. He looked up to be met with Vergilia's face.

-Damn, I fell asleep. - he said, trace of surprise in his voice. - For long?

-Slightly over two hours. - Vergilia answered, after checking the time on her phone. - I'm guessing you slept well.

-I did, in fact I have no idea how will I sleep without you tonight. - Y/n said, snuggling into her once more.

-We have dinner waiting for us. - Vergilia mentioned, knowing very well that mentioning food will make Y/n follow the subject.

-Great, but we are not going anywhere, unless I get a bribe. - Y/n squeezed her in his arms. - I'm too comfortable.

-I could give you a kiss, but don't expect much. I haven't done it before. - she said, waiting for Y/n's reaction. Y/n chuckled, climbing up closer to her face.

-That's not a problem for us. - he said. - I will follow your lead in being proper, you can follow my lead in being naughty. - then he leaned in and connected their lips in their first kiss.