Chapter thirty four

Y/n was relaxing in his office, going through the list of events planned in school. There was a visit of the students from Japan coming to their school for some international and intercultural exchange. Y/n had two weeks to pick the members of the Committee who would not only participate in that, but also be ready to step up, if someone decided to do some stupid stuff. He knew who was handpicked by English teacher, so his task was made a bit easier. Still, in his opinion, he could add some backup.

He was disturbed by his pager calling him. He glanced on it to check who needed him. It was Mikasa. Y/n raised his eyebrow, before he silenced it and got up from his seat. He walked out of the office, locked it and made his way to the location Mikasa send him. Some of the students were watching him. The pace of his walk and the frown on his face meant only one thing, duty calls.

On the spot he was met with Mikasa with two guys on the floor. The faces weren't familiar, so he assumed they were freshmen. One of them was about to get up, when Y/n cleared his throat, getting their attention.

-What's the problem? - he asked, kind of bored. Freshmen were boring to him.

-They were arguing, pushing each other too. I didn't plan to get involved, until the first hit came. -Mikasa explained calmly, as usual.

-Names?

-Ojiro and Kyoya Otori. - Mikasa answered.

-So boys, who punched first? - Y/n crossed his arms on his chest. - I expect full explanation.

-I did. - said one of them. - None of your business why.

-It is my business. - Y/n glared at him. - If you want to solve things with violence, at least make sure I won't catch you. If you don't want to talk, maybe your buddy would be more willing to cooperate. - Y/n said, before he glanced at the other guy. - So?

-We are stepbrothers since not so long ago. - he said. - And as you can see, we don't get along too well.

-Shut up! - growled the other, before Y/n slapped the back of his head, surprising him.

-Did I give you permission to speak? -he asked. - You're the one who will shut up at this moment.

-Should we take him to your office? -Mikasa asked.

-Kyoya is free, I will speak to Ojiro.- Y/n stated, before he pulled him up. Ojiro tried to swing at him, but Y/n blocked him. - Don't try my patience, I'm not good with it.

Y/n led Ojiro to his office. They sat down at the opposite sides of the desk. Y/n was relaxed, looking at Ojiro. Felt like a deja vu. He could easily put himself in Ojiro's shoes, he had few stepfathers himself.

-Is the situation that bad? - he broke the silence. - From what I heard, Otori is a wealthy and influential family. Why do you hate them so much?

-Kyoya is the heir. - Ojiro answered after a moment. - I don't know why they adopted me in the first place. I feel like someone of the worse sort. I don't belong there.

-Many would kill to be in your spot. -Y/n said.

-Maybe. - Ojiro muttered. - They can easily pick someone else.

-Is it worse than the orphanage though?- Y/n tilted his head a bit. He noticed that Ojiro started to relax slowly. He was sure he didn't expect him to actually talk to him and let him spill the beans if he wanted to.

-Yes and no. - Ojiro said, looking at his lap.

-How so? - Y/n asked.

-They give me everything I want, so that's good. - he sighed. - But also sign me up for so may things, it's too much for me. Why do they do that, if Kyoya will take over everyhing?

-Have you tried to talk to them? - Y/n kept asking.

-Stupid question. - Ojiro mocked Y/n.

-Watch it, I can still fuck you up. -Y/n glared at him. - Even get you expelled.

-I don't care. - Ojiro glared back.

-You do, that's why you just told me what's with you. - Y/n answered. - Here's what will happen. I will let you off the hook this time, that's the first and last time I do so. I will also talk to our council to have a conversation with your parents.

-They are not my parents. - Ojiro protested.

-You're sixteen, not six. Better act like it, I'm terrible with kids. - Y/n said, feeling irritation raising. - For now you're free to go, we're done.

Ojiro didn't waste a moment, he left Y/n's office. He sighed, before left it as well, on his way to the classroom his next classes were. He was so focused on Ojiro, that he missed the bell. He knocked on the door and walked in the classroom.

-Entschuldigung für meine Verspätung.- he said.

-Komitee arbeit? - asked the teacher.

-Genau. - Y/n answered, earning a nod from her.

He took his seat next to Vergilia and focused on the lesson.