Chapter four

Y/n's POV

I got a girlfriend. Simple as that. She is a figure ice skater, slim body, good looking face. Nothing special and at the same time, someone I could show off with. She kept trying to drag me to parties with her friends, but I couldn't get along with neither guys or the girls. I guess that company wasn't for me.

Problem with Victoria was one – we couldn't agree on anything. When I said "black", she chose "red", it didn't matter, if it worked or not, she always tried things differently, or different, to what I proposed. Whenever she liked something, it was clear as day for me to see that I couldn't stand it. It was just boring to me. Every, even the smallest disagreement, was enough for us to lash out at each other. And it went on, every single day. I wanted to show her off, to go on dates with her, but at the same time we could be barely seen together. Either because we were arguing right before the date, or spent the evening in the bedroom. I settled with that, because in my eyes, I didn't deserve anything better.

In addition I started spending more time with Akashi, or Seijurou for me. We were going by our first names and I didn't actually mind. He introduced me to the basketball team, even invited me in, but I couldn't. I would have to choose between the Committee workout routine or the practices of the team. I didn't think I would be able to handle both, since they were extremely tiresome. I started looking at Sei differently, he was a hard-working guy to get the acceptance of his father, the only one he had left. Before he was just a spoiled rich kid, who had to be the best in my eyes. I also appreciated him being around. It has been so long since I had someone I could trust, that I forgot how good it felt. He knew about what happened to me in the past, I knew what happened in his life too. The only thing I couldn't get him to do was skipping school with me, but I stopped asking after a while. As his friend, I should be cheering for him and supporting him. Friend. It still sounded foreign to me, but yeah. That's who Sei was to me. We didn't have to talk about it, just holding our word was enough.

Also...

-You have to complete the team of your own. - Hibari announced when I was in his office.

-Why would I? - I just asked.

-To practice your leadership skills. -was the answer. - I also have times when I would have some things for you to take care of, but you can't go alone.

-I'm an one man army, I can handle it.- I responded, hurt that he didn't believe in me. He handpicked me personally!

-I can't send you out alone against twenty people and expect you will succeed. - said Hibari, slightly glaring at me.

-Try me. - I glared back.

-I just noticed another thing you have to learn. - he changed his tone, his eyes also gazed at me differently. - As a leader, I feel responsible for my people. That's why, even if you are capable of winning when being outnumbered, I will never want to check it. Because if something happened to you during that, the blame for not taking precautions, would be on me. So I advise even stronger for you to form a team for you. So you would feel that responsibility.

-I won't do that. - I said firmly. - My responsibility is keeping people away from me.

-Then I will pick your team for you. -Hibari answered, knowing very well, that I couldn't do anything more against it.

I just huffed and waved it off. He would do it anyway. I wondered what held me back from beating him up. I would probably get expelled, but apart from that... I had to admit I was considering that, but again, I had a faint feeling that I should keep myself in check. Sometimes I had that feeling, mostly before something serious happened. So I let the situation unfold.