Chapter eleven

After another fight with Victoria on the day of Christmas festival, he was sitting in his room, playing his guitar. Nothing specific, he just swung from one song to another. Sometimes, he wished he could have a band. He actually tried to start few, but the people he was hanging out at the time, weren't as passionate about music, as he was. On the day like this one, music was the only thing that he wanted. Almost.

-I feel so damn lonely. - he said to himself, setting his guitar away after a bit.

He got hungry, so he went to the kitchen to make himself something to eat. He wasn't bad with cooking, but he wasn't a master either. He could cook few dishes, but the variety wasn't too wide. The easier the way was, the better for Y/n.

In the evening Y/n spent the Christmas with his mother. He gave her a CD, she asked for as a present, she gave him perfumes. The easiest way out, if you don't know what to get someone, get them perfumes. "Heck, the set of guitar strings would be better." he thought, but he didn't say anything. All Y/n cared for was avoiding the things that could lead to the argument, though it wasn't easy. When the questions about school and Victoria came up, Y/n excused himself, saying he didn't feel well and went to bed.

Time skip

In the morning, Y/n jumped out of the house with a package in his hands. He was on his way to his usual spot, where he was meeting up with Akashi. He couldn't wait to give him his birthday present. He was sure he would like it. Y/n arrived there soon, Seijurou joined him around ten minutes later.

-Here's the birthday boy. - Y/n chuckled. - Happy birthday.

-Thank you. - Seijurou returned the smile.

-Present time. - Y/n handed Akashi the box, wrapped in the red paper.

-You didn't have to. - Seijurou said, accepting it. - May I open it?

-I hoped you would.

Seijurou ripped the paper and opened the box. Inside, he found a shogi set, made of dark wood with golden signs and finishes. Akashi had to admit, that Y/n's present was a good one. He wouldn't lie, if he said that he appreciated it more, than all the expensive stuff he got from his family.

-I will use it only for special matches. - he said.

-Is it that bad? - Y/n pouted.

-No, I'm serious. - Akashi answered. - I really like the set, it should be used only for special occasions. Maybe I would even get you to play with me.

-I'm not smart enough. - Y/n chuckled. - But I'm happy you like it.

-It's brilliant, thank you. - Seijurou gave him an honest smile. He felt like Y/n really put the effort in his present.

-Anytime. - Y/n smiled too. - Now let's order something, my treat.

-You're in a generous mood today. - Akashi pointed out.

-I'm in a good mood today. - corrected Y/n.

They ate together and talked about the different stuff, until Y/n's phone buzzed. Both of them glanced at it.

-Let me guess. - said Akashi.

-I think we both know who that is. - Y/n answered.

-Won't you answer it? - Seijurou asked, seeing that his friend didn't react to another buzz.

-I don't feel like arguing so early. -Y/n chuckled. - She can waste my time later.

-I have one birthday wish and only you can make it come true. - Akashi said seriously.

-Go on. - Y/n nodded.

-I wish you broke up with the girl, who doesn't respect you and find someone, who will make you happy. - he said.

-That's all? - Y/n asked.

-Yes. - Seijurou nodded.

-Since you didn't give me any deadline, I can postpone it as long as I want. - he smirked, looking at his friend.

-You would be a great lawyer, you know that? - Akashi shook his head, surprised that Y/n was able to save himself from actually listening to him.

-I've heard it few times. - Y/n took a sip of his drink with a pleased smirk on his face.