Chapter twenty four

When Y/n told his mother about the trip with Sparda family, she didn't say anything, apart from "that's great". She said that, though he knew that she was angry. She wouldn't be able to send him away to work and take most of his paycheck. He made a point to himself to stand his ground more when it comes to his mother.

Y/n also spent most of his days with Spardas. He showed to Sparda that he was passionate about fixing different stuff. He fixed Dante's computer, as well as the drawer in the kitchen, that frustrated Eva for a long time. He helped Sparda with his pick up truck, when he couldn't specify the problem that made the engine lose power from time to time.

-Come, let's have a test drive. -Sparda said once Y/n closed the hood.

-Sure. - Y/n nodded.

They let Eva know where they were going, before they both got in and drove off. Y/n watched as Sparda drove out of the town, in the direction of the forest. Y/n didn't feel too comfortable out of sudden. Apparently Sparda felt the tension in the atmosphere too, because he spoke up.

-Have you ever tried off-road? - he asked. - My family doesn't really like it.

-I never had a chance. - Y/n answered.- I just got my license, don't even have a car of my own yet. My experience is quite low.

-Then you will try today. - Sparda smiled wider as he took a turn to the forest.

Few minutes later they arrived to the spot that was full of different terrain and holes in the ground. Sparda said that it was his spot where he met up with his friends from time to time for off-road rides. He told Y/n to hold on tight, before he started driving. They went down the holes, and up almost jumping out in the air. Y/n really had to hold on, and even then, he hit his knee or shoulder on the car's side. After a while Sparda stopped the car.

-Your turn. - he said.

-Are you sure? - Y/n didn't know if he would be able to drive.

-Yeah, just listen to what I say and everything will be fine. - Sparda reassured, before he got out of the car. Y/n took a deep breath before he did the same. They switched the seats, Y/n adjusted himself and told Sparda that he was ready. -Alright, let's go then.

Time skip

Vergilia and Dante were helping their mother with the dinner. Y/n and Sparda were supposed to take just a small test drive, but they disappeared for three hours. Vergilia started to grow worried. She looked though the window every time she had an opportunity.

Finally, the duo came back. They drove in the backyard, Y/n behind the wheel. Vergilia was surprised. Sparda never allowed anyone else to drive his car. Y/n parked it in the garage. The next thing Vergilia noticed was that both Y/n's and Sparda's clothes were completely dirty. They were walking to the house laughing.

-We're back! - Sparda called out from the front door.

-I can see that! - Eva yelled back to him. - Don't you dare to sit on my furniture, both of you, before you get changed and cleaned up!

Y/n was surprised with her tone, she never spoke so roughly in his presence. Sparda told him to get used to it, to which they chuckled silently. Y/n went to the bathroom attached to Vergilia's bedroom, while Sparda went to the main one. Y/n was happy that he had the change of clothes in their house. Over the time he spent there he always had some of his clothes there. He grabbed them and took a quick shower. Then he joined everyone in the kitchen.

-There goes my future son-in-law. - Sparda said. - Vergilia, you have to get married to him. I don't take no for an answer.

-Let's take small steps. - Y/n chuckled, then hugged Vergilia from behind.

-For the wedding gift I will give you a car. - Sparda said. - Or better, for your next birthday!

-Sparda, love, did you hit your head? -Eva asked. - Not so long ago you weren't too fond of our Y/n.

-I changed my mind, he's like a son tome now. - Sparda laughed, he looked genuinely happy. - Although I might have hit my head few times when he was basically flying with my car over the holes in the ground or the puddles of mud.

-We're even, I'm sure I'm also covered in bruises. - Y/n chuckled. - But it was fun, can't wait for the next time.

-There will be one, be sure of that. -Sparda nodded, before he took a sip of his coffee.