⋙ Chapter Thirty

Now if we're talking body

You got a perfect one

So put it on me

Swear it won't take you long

Talking Body ~ Tove Lo

Tyler

~ Warning: get the holy water ready, there is smut in this chapter (it's near the beginning but I'll put another warning around the actual scene don't worry dearies) ~

I woke up the next morning after hearing the door creaking open. I was planning on ignoring it until I heard a cough. Light flooded into my eyes as I forced myself to wake. I spotted a face poking their head round the door, pulling on a coat. I squinted, before recognising it to be Hannah. She grinned at me, well aware of the fact that mornings were the bane of mine and Troye's existence.

"Whut time is it?" I groaned out, sleep lacing my voice.

"Not too early. It's okay though, you can still sleep. We're just going down to the town centre. Resistance-y stuff. We figured you wouldn't want to come but I thought I'd let you know any way."

"Whun you say we..."

"Everyone apart from you and Troye."

"Umkay. Clus duur whun yuh-" I couldn't restrain the yawn in my throat.

"Night night," Hannah said softly, walking out. The door didn't close completely though. Before I could shout out whether she'd ever heard of closing the goddamn door, Hannah re-emerged and threw something small at me. I caught it just as it came close to my face. She winked then closed the door behind her. Opening my palm, I saw that she'd given me a box of tic tacs.

I guessed my morning breath really was that bad.

I'd been planning on going back to sleep, but by that point my mind was already alert. In ways I felt like I was still in a dream - the most perfect of them - as I was lying in the arms of the boyI loved. I felt content to find he was still holding me close against his chest. Around us the room was freezing, so cold I almost expected to see ice on the walls, but inside his arms I was warm. I snuggled back, embracing his warmth that seeped into me. The only thing that ruined the moment was when I shifted slightly. I found out that I had a slight problem... down below.

Troye began to stir before I could escape. He let out a yawn, then proceeded to enfold me in his arms, pressing himself ever closer to me. I struggled to keep a distance between us. When I moved away he hauled me back to him, clenching my shirt tightly within his hands.

He opened his eyes and smiled at me, a rare smile that out shone my anxiety for a moment. It stopping me for a heartbeat as I took in his ethereal appearance. I couldn't help but smile when I realised that he was real, lying next to me, in love with me. He looked adorable in the mornings - so adorable I was almost tempted to cuddle him and forget my problem. But I knew I couldn't stay. Not if I didn't want him to notice my issue. "You know, I never understood smiling without reason until now."

"That's great Troyeboy... Here, have a tic tac." I threw the box at him. He let go of me for just a moment, but it was long enough. I rolled away, so suddenly that I almost rolled off the bed. "I need to go have a shower now."

He swallowed a tic tac, looking at me bewilderedly. "Can't it wait?"

"'Fraid not." I rose up so I was in a sitting position, feet pressed against the cold wooden floor. As I attempted to stand, he had a hold of my arm, halting my movements.

"Hey! I'm trying to be romantic and shit, and you want to shower?"

"Yep."

"But it's only... Nine in the morning."