⋙ Chapter Thirteen

Am I wrong
For thinking that we could be something for real?

Am I Wrong ~ Nico & Vinz

Tyler

When Troye left with Caspar I headed towards the remains of the building. The fairy lights had all been turned off, but the flashing lights from the fire brigade guided me well enough. The hollow, burnt out shell of the once beautiful building lay before me. I walked towards Zoe and Joe, who were waiting for me. Both seemed gleeful despite the blackened building behind them.

"Oh look, he's risen from the dead!" Joe laughed, pointing me out to Zoe. She pouted. I frowned, puzzled. He saw me leave. "Zo was convinced you and Troye were trapped under there for a while."

"I didn't know you'd run off with him!" Zoe said in her defense.

"You're making it sound like I kidnapped him!"  I said.

"He was unconscious and you carried him away. You basically did kidnap him," Joe was off laughing again, and Zoe joined him. I wasn't impressed, seeing as strangers were giving us worried looks.

"Well he seemed happy enough to be alone with me."

Both stopped laughing.

"What do you mean?" She gasped. "Have you snogged him?"

"What a crude term! No I haven't snogged him. We just kissed a little bit."

"Wait you kissed?" Joe's eyes widened.

Instantaneously Zoe started jumping up and down. "YES! FINALLY! I KNEW IT! Halle-freakin-lujah! Didn't I always tell you it'd happen? I'm a bloody good fortune teller! Oh I feel too excited. I need to sit down."

"But are you actually together?" Joe asked, once Zoe had sat down on the ground.

"One step at a time Joe. One step at a time."

Zoe shot back up. "Wait, Troyler's not cannon? Even though you've kissed? Why isn't it? What's wrong with you?"

"Believe me, I’m as confused as you. I think it was going to become... a thing, but your “buddy” Caspar came over and killed the mood before we could talk about it."

Zoe crossed her arms, but seemed a lot happier with my response. "I'm betting it'll be cannon by Tuesday, at the latest."

My weekend was a blur of anticipation. I tried messaging him but my phone died on me. My good mood didn't falter though. Mom told me off for being too excitable but I couldn’t help myself. On Monday I was practically skipping to school. Dan didn't bother commenting on my behavior, just putting a knowing smile on his lips. In school, I was slightly disheartened to find I didn’t have a lesson with Troye until politics, which was second.

I can’t remember what I learnt in first period, or what subject it even was. I just remember staring at the bell, waiting for it to ring, and then daydreaming about the boy I was desperate to see again. After an eternity the bell rang loud and clear. I almost ran down the corridors to get to class.

When I got to politics, Connor was the only familiar face there, flicking through a textbook. I sat down next him, deciding it’d be best to create small talk between us. “How was your weekend Connor?”

“Alright, I didn’t do much. Saw my friends that was in hospital, but that was kinda dull. I mainly did school work. I swear they set so much more than they should. Anyways, how was your weekend Ty?”

“It was good. Better than good, actually.”

Connor smirked. “So I heard. Zoe called me and Dan on Saturday.”