⋙ Chapter Eight

Look into your heart
Are you happy?
You could be the one
To set me free

The World Is Watching (With Valentia) ~ Two Door Cinema Club

Troye (ooooh two chapters from his perspective in a row - aren't I sneaky)

“You know, if you wanted to meet me outside school, you could've ask to do something besides school work."

At four we met in Preston Park. We’d travelled separately from one another, as I knew a car journey would've been too awkward. Besides, I’d wanted to change out of my uniform and into more comfortable clothes. He'd wanted to do the same, and gave me his number so that I'd text him when I was ready for us to meet.

Once ready, I panicked over how I should write the message. Was I meant to use text language or not? Was I meant to add kisses or not? Was that the acceptable thing you send to your friends? I ended up sitting in my car for a good five minutes, editing the message over and over again until I was half happy with it.

To Tylah Destruction Oakley- hi, it me Troooye ◕‿◕ i’m leaving now -  i'll be there soon x

I instantly regretted the kiss at the end. I didn’t have time to think it over though. A few seconds later my phone vibrated.

From Tylah Destruction Oakley- Heeey babe I’ll be there in 10 minutes.. if not, read this again xx

I calmed down and started the car. Obviously the kiss wasn't as big a deal as I thought it was.

When we finally met in the empty car park, Tyler was assured of my previous statement of no Anti-Elementals seeing us. Although there was a road running through part the park, I confirmed to him that it was barely used.

I led him to the top of the hill, where the trees were sparse and the light was at its best. We stood opposite one another, unsure how to begin.

"Should we start by...?" I left the question unfinished, feeling foolish for having to ask him such a question. Tyler was unimpressed by my awkward nature. He rolled his eyes and took a step towards me. He held out his hand and wiggled his fingers. "Just hold my hand already. I promise not to burn you... intentionally."

I reached out and touched him. His hand was warm like an open fire. Mine felt as if it belonged in the arctic. A buzz of energy ran over me. I got a sense of the power within him, which was combining with my own.

Purple smoke rose from between our hands. The pressure it built between us soon forced our hands apart. I was moved a couple of steps backwards by the sheer force. I looked over at Tyler for confirmation that this was weird. He seemed slightly befuddled, yet determined to try again.

"Let’s go again. Link fingers with me this time," Tyler said, outstretching his hand once more. My hand fitted in his like a puzzle piece. It was as if it was intended to be in his. The thought sent shivers through me, thinking parts of my life had been predestined.

“We've got to learn to control the smoke,” I said, straining to keep our hands together. I only held on for a second longer before it got too much. I was left breathless, yet craving more contact.

Soon after these thoughts entered my head, Tyler held onto both my biceps. “Concentrate just on the smoke.” It was a hard ask, seeing my mind was racing. I was more focused on the fact that Tyler Oakley was touching me. Somehow I managed to divert my thoughts. With both our minds working together, the smoke began to dwindle. It didn't stop completely, but it wasn't clouding the air around us any more.