Adoption

3rd person POV
Hoco was wandering around her little cage. She hated how small it was. She growled at the other Hellhound trying to flirt with her. She kicked them to the side. She managed to pull her head through the bars and looked at the cage next to her.
"Are you doing okay Loona?" She asked. There wasn't a response. "Loona?" She asked. That's when the saggy hellhound lady came by and she quickly pulled her head back in. "Where's Loona?" She asked. The lady stopped and looked at her.
"You didn't hear?" She said, her voice annoying as always. "Loona got adopted." She said. Hoco paused. "Oh right. She was your only friend right? Oh well." She said before walking away.
It's no wonder why Loona hasn't been talking for a few days.. She hasn't been here!
She realized. She walked back and flopped into her bed. She heard the door open, she knew that meant someone was coming to adopt a hellhound again. She stayed there, still, almost crying.
"I would like to look at your hellhounds." The voice said. "Someone really good at fighting." From what Hoco could tell it was definitely a male voice. She didn't care.
"Of course sir. Right this way." She heard the lady say. Hoco felt someone poking at her back.
"Stop.." She said. The poking continued. "I'm warning you. Stop." Hoco said with a slight growl in her voice. She heard footsteps and they suddenly stopped. She felt a very hard poke in her back. "I SAID STOP!" She grabbed the smaller hellhound before throwing her into the wall then kicking them into the other bars.
"Who's this? Seems like a natural born killer." The imp said, Hoco guessed they were a hybrid.
"That's Hoco. Our crazy hellhound. She's only gotten worse after her only friend was adopted." The lady told the imp.
"So she had everything she cared about taken away from her.." The imp said, gently gripping onto the bar.
"SHUT UP!" Hoco shouted without thinking before collapsing on the ground, crying.
"I want to adopt her." The imp said.
"Very well. This way." The lady said, leading the imp away. Hoco curled up, she realized she was having an emotional break down.
Loona.. I thought we made a pact.. Get adopted together or not at all.. Loona..
She heard the cage door open, she didn't bother to move. She stayed on the ground. She felt a gentle hand rest on her shoulder. She turned her head and looked at the imp beside her.
"Hey, it's okay. Come on." The imp said, Hoco got up and wiped away her tears. She followed the imp into a room she's never seen before. The imp grabbed a paper and held it toward Hoco.
Adoption certificate? H-He meant me when he said he wanted to adopt!? I-I'm gonna have a home?
"My name is Striker. And I'm adopting you Hoco. You're my daughter Hoco." Striker told her.
"Y-You're my dad- I mean-!" Hoco quickly cut herself off, Striker chuckled.
"You can call me dad." Striker told her, Hoco hugged him tightly.
"Th-Thank you.. Dad.." Hoco said happily.
"Now for our picture. Smile!" Striker said, holding one side of the certificate, he smiled and Hoco held the other side with a huge happy smile.
Flash
"There's your picture." The hellhound lady said, handing the picture over to Striker. "Good riddance to you Hoco. You and Loona won't amount to anything much." The lady said. Hoco growled but Striker gently grabbed her wrist and lead her out.
"May I ask why you adopted me?" Hoco asked as Striker lead her out of the adoption center.
"You had everything you cared about taken away from you like I did, while I had to suffer from all of it, I can save you from it. So I want to give you a home, a job, and everything I can do. Speaking of, how old are you?" Striker asked Hoco.
"Sixteen.." Hoco said, lowering her ears a bit.
"How come no one has adopted you before?" Striker asked.
"I was adopted once, but I was abandoned after I.. Killed someone." Hoco admitted. "I was adopted into a circus, I don't even like preforming, I want to be an assassin.." Hoco said.
"Well I guess it's a good thing I adopted you. I'm an assassin myself. I've been looking for a partner to work with for a while now. You can be said partner." He said.
"R-Really!?" Hoco asked. "Wow! I've always wanted to be one! And being adopted by one? It's a true dream come true.." Hoco said, her tail wagging like no tomorrow.
"Well, let's go home and get you to start practicing with some weapons." Striker said with a laugh. "And let's see how good your human disguise is."
"Oh my human disguise is wonderful! Well, mostly. I still think I look a bit weird but humans look weird in general." Hoco said.
"Yeah well, the sinners look even weirder. But we won't need to worry about them for now. Let's focus on getting you home." Striker told her.
I have a home now! Look out world! Hoco has been set free! And I'm coming for you Loona.. You broke the one promise we both needed.. And I'm not going to let it go. I want my revenge Loona.
"Getting lost in thought about something?" Striker asked her.
"A bit. I'm just wondering where my friend went. Or who I thought was my friend. While we were in there we made a pact. Both of us get adopted or neither of us get adopted. She was older then me so if she got kicked out she was supposed to adopt me and we were going to find jobs together and.. Live." Hoco sighed.
"I'm a bit surprised you don't want revenge on the one who took her away from you." Striker said.
"Oh I do.. Just planning on how.."