Greed in the Rings

I scrolled through my phone, leaning against the IMP wall building. Merciless huffed impatiently.
"I told you you could go back to Wrath but you decided to stay here." I told her. I looked up and saw the IMP can finally pull in but something was off, they were driving so carefully. I slowly walked over and waited to make sure no one stole the van, I used my phone and tapped on Blitz's contact information and waited. Blitz, Loona, Moxxie and Millie all stepped out of the car. I put my phone away. "Hey guys! Something wrong with the car? You weren't driving as recklessly as usual." I asked.
"No, nothing wrong, just tried of fixing it since money flow is slow, every dollar counts right?" Blitz asked.
This is getting weird. He's never acting tight with money.
"Right.." I said. I watched as they walked past Merciless into the IMP building.
Blitz isn't even petting her!? Okay! Now I know someone is fucking around with me!
I gently pet Merciless on the snout before walking in. I sat at the table, my ear twitched.
"Alright let's talk business. Now unfortunately I may not be able to pay you guys for this week." Blitz said, I shrugged.
"What!?" Moxxie shouted. I looked up, I was used to hearing Moxxie shout but this spiked my interest a bit.
Moxxie hasn't complained about money before. Or been shocked when he says our salaries will be postponed.
Blitz and Moxxie both started arguing as usual. I decided to use this opportunity and make a call.
"Hello?" I heard my father's voice.
"Hey dad, is anyone.. Acting weird in the Wrath Ring?" I asked.
"Oh everyone is, prices on everything has spiked up, it's almost like I'm visiting the Greed Ring. I actually had to go all the way down to lust just to find some fair price groceries." Dad said. I grunted.
"Even up here in the Pride Ring. How were the other rings?" I asked.
"They were all just getting worse and worse, it's like a greed disease is going around." Dad joked.
"I don't like this. Everyone is acting so rude and mean. Can you come pick me up? I think we can figure it out." I said.
"Yeah, no one's gonna try to shoot me right?" Dad asked.
"No no, if they do then I'll just use that crossbow." I said, getting up. Everyone was still arguing so I just left the building. I gently started to pet Merciless. "Good girl, Dad I'm outside." I said.
"Alright I'll be there in five minutes. Love you honey!" He said before hanging up the phone. Almost immediately I got another call. I answered it.
"Hoco! Where are you?!" The voice shouted, it was Beelzebub.
"In the Pride Ring. Why?" I asked.
"Mammon let out some kind of greed gas! It's spreading from the Pride ring and going down! Get to Gluttony as fast as you can!" Bee said. "It's even affected Tex! Hurry!" She shouted.
"Alright I will! Just give me a few minutes!" I told her.
"Hoco!" My dad arrived on his horse, I gave the horse a gentle pet on the nose. "I'm here."
"Dad, we need to get to the Gluttony Ring, now!" I told him before jumping on Merciless.
"Woah woah calm down! Aren't you at least going to tell me why we need to go all the way down to Gluttony?" He asked.
"I can explain while we go there! Just get your horse to start running!" I said, signalling Merciless to start running, she quickly did. My dad fell behind a bit before catching up. "Can we take the railroad way again?" I asked him.
"Of course we can, let's go!" He said. "Now will you explain?" He asked.
"Beelzebub called me, apparently Mammon let out a weird gasp that's getting everyone all greedy, it started in the Pride ring and it's somehow flowing down to the other rings. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't reached the Lust Ring yet." I explained to him.
"How would that work? Well I guess you did just say somehow." My dad said before both of our horses jumped on the lift. I pulled the cord as we dropped.
"Apparently it did start in the Pride Ring so I guess Mammon just made a mistake, Merciless to the palace." I said. Merciless gave a loud neigh before quickly running, it didn't take long, I saw Bee waiting for me outside.
"Hoco!" She flew over to us and landed. "Wait, I need to make sure that gas hasn't effected you, how much are you selling your horse for?" She asked.
"Uh, nothing? I'm not selling Merciless, she's my special girl." I said, gently stroking her mane.
"Thank Satan you haven't been affected by it. You need to stay here and I can go to Mammon. Can I ride your horse there? So when my wings get tired?" She asked.
"Of course." I told her before getting off Merciless.
"Hoco, are you sure about this? What if she tries to sell your horse?" My dad asked.
"She's one of the rulers of the rings, they can't exactly be affected by the gas." I told him. "Besides she's my friend, I trust her." I said, smiling at Bee, she smiled back, I hugged Merciless. "If she mistreats you kick her in the face and find me." I whispered to Merciless, she huffed in response, basically saying yes. I nuzzled her face. "Be nice with her girl. I'm trusting you to be good." I told her. Bee gently touched my shoulder and I looked back at her.
"I promise everything will be okay, I'll fix this as fast as I can, I promise everything will back to normal. Everyone you care about will be back to normal, just go inside and rest." She said before getting on Merciless and riding her off. I smiled.
"Dad, I want you to meet my hellhound friends."