Ch. 2 And so, the monster was born from a pool of blood

In a training facility built in the basement of a large mansion, I stopped my relentless punches, wiped away the profuse sweat with a towel, and reflected on my self-training. It had been three years since I realized that I was reincarnated into the world of One Piece as Spandam. Looking at my body, I could see a vast difference in muscle tone compared to three years ago.

It's no wonder; they say the air in the world of One Piece contains protein. In my past life, it would have been impossible for a ten-year-old to develop so much muscle, but since it's a different world, I shouldn't think too much about it.

Surprisingly, or rather, it was a pleasant surprise, I possessed talent... I had assumed I had no talent at all, judging from the state of Spandam in the original work. However, this body becomes stronger the more I train it, and I can learn techniques like a sponge absorbs water.

Maybe this is some kind of benefit from being reincarnated, but it's incredibly helpful to become stronger.

By the way, I consulted my father about the Rokushiki techniques, but it was a no-go. Rokushiki is one of the confidential skills, and it's strictly forbidden to teach it outside of authorized places. So I couldn't bring in an instructor. That's what my father said, but in the original work, they used Marines and such... I guess my father just didn't have connections in that area.

Anyway, as a substitute, he set up an extensive training facility in the basement and provided a library with materials on various martial arts and Qigong techniques from all over the world, allowing me to self-train.

Other than that, he has been quite hands-off and non-interfering, which is very much appreciated.

However, to be honest, this body... or rather, to be precise, I have "learned to use Rokushiki through self-study" during these three years of training.

As for paper drawings, I hadn't had the opportunity to practice in actual combat, so I wasn't sure if I could perform them correctly, but I could manage things like Shigan, Tekkai, Iron Body, Rankyaku, and Finger Pistol.

I can't claim to have mastered them yet; they still need more training...

This is where the advantage of my knowledge from the original work comes in. Knowing that these techniques exist and that they can be replicated through physical abilities like Luffy and Sanji, I was able to manage through self-study.

However, when it comes to Haki... I did try to practice it, but I can't use it yet. Well, I'll think about it after mastering Rokushiki.

At the same time, I had another idea. That is the "modification of my own body." This body is undoubtedly talented. But if I were asked whether I could fight against any opponent in the future after training this body, I would have my doubts.

In One Piece, there are Devil Fruits that grant special powers, and the difference in power levels can be quite significant. So, I wanted even more overwhelming strength... that's what I thought.

For that, I need to elevate my physical body to another stage.

My own muscles... no, "change the cells themselves into something robust." In battle-oriented works, there are often characters with abnormal muscle density, and I thought of replicating... no, even surpassing that.

I think it's theoretically possible. In this world, there are techniques like "Life Return" and "Biofeedback" used by Kumadori and Lucci, and "Battle Conquest Fist" used by Lao G in the Dressrosa arc. These techniques allow the compression and transformation of muscles at a level that should be impossible.

Fortunately, in the books my father prepared as a high-ranking official in the World Government's intelligence agency, there were records of lost or taboo techniques that are no longer practiced today.