Ch. 21 Executors of Dark Justice

As the Commander-in-Chief of CP9, I have become accustomed to my role and have maintained fairly good relationships with the members. Recently, Fizz, who was on leave due to an injury, has returned and has been actively working.

In the original work, he claimed to be on par with Rob Lucci, but based on what I've seen of his abilities, he is slightly inferior in combat power to Lucci. His combat abilities are somewhere between those of Jabra and Kaku, closer to the latter. However, his true strength lies elsewhere.

Fizz possesses exceptional leadership skills and can effectively command a considerable number of subordinates. In this regard, he clearly surpasses Lucci.

Especially in missions involving multiple people, his suitability as a squad leader is highly valuable, and he can handle tasks that involve leading many lower-ranking officials.

He works well with other departments, making him an exceptionally talented and easy-to-use asset. It's astonishing how the World Government would consider letting go of such talent with trivial responsibilities.

Well, it's good to have high morale, but he tends to be overly eager and prone to overworking himself. As his superior, I should manage that aspect properly.

"...Captain, everyone is assembled."

"All right, understood."

Upon hearing Pochi's words, I turn to look behind me, where all the CP9 members have gathered. This is a rare occasion since the mission is quite significant, requiring the participation of all members.

The target is a rebel army of a certain country... This country is known for its abundant resources and wealth, making it an important allied nation for the World Government. No, correction... It's a country with extreme disparities, where the rich are incredibly wealthy, and the poor are extremely impoverished.

We received information that a large-scale rebellion is being prepared against the current monarchy of this country, and CP9 was assigned the task.

"Fukurou, have you determined the enemy's strength?"

"Chapapapa, it's 3,700."

"Just as the preliminary information suggested... Blueno, what about the key figures?"

"All the individuals that match the information on high-ranking members have been confirmed within the fortress."

What we see below from the top of the cliff is an ancient fortress once used in a large-scale war. It serves as the headquarters of the rebel forces, and almost everyone has gathered there in preparation for tomorrow's uprising.

It's the most efficient situation for an all-out attack. In such situations, Blueno's Door-Door Fruit ability for gathering information is incredibly useful. The fact that he can slip into any location as long as there's air makes him an invaluable asset as a spy.

"So, what's the plan, Chief? If it's just assassinating key figures, I can handle it and be done with it."

"No, the orders from above this time are to annihilate the rebel forces. We need to eliminate not only the key figures but also reduce their military strength to the point where rebellion is impossible."

"I see, so it's going to be quite a flashy battle... Looking forward to it."

"It's fine to cause a commotion, but make sure to eliminate all witnesses, Jabra."

Acknowledging Fizz and Jabra's words, I check the time. We have 10 minutes until the execution of the operation... The night is deep and dark, with many within the fortress already asleep. It's the perfect time for an assassination squad.