Ch. 27 Unused large sums of money are nothing but a hindrance

With Tom's case over, even if we were to follow the original story, it would still take a few years. Until the undercover investigation begins, it seems unlikely that any major events will occur.

Of course, on a global scale, there are events happening, like the attack on the celestial gold transport ship during Donquixote Doflamingo's induction into the Seven Warlords of the Sea. I wonder if it was around this time that the Skypiea kingdom fell due to internal strife? I'm not sure when Mihawk settled there, though...

There was also the incident related to Zephyr and the assault on the training ship, but if we knew the exact timing, it could serve as a reference for the movie-related events. It was speculated that the culprit might be Edward Weevil, who claims to be Whitebeard's son, but since the movies tend to have parallel elements, we can't be sure.

Not much of this is relevant to me. The Celestial Gold incident involves Doflamingo, who seems to hold some secret about Mariejois, making it difficult for the government to touch him. So, the likelihood of it affecting me is low.

If things become unbearable, the Five Elders might give me an order to eliminate Doflamingo, but I doubt they would resort to such measures right away, whether for good or ill, they are cautious enough not to act hastily.

As for the Celestial Dragons, that falls under CP0's jurisdiction, so if there's any action taken, it would likely be by CP0.

As for the Skypiea kingdom, I have a thought like, "What kind of internal strife could lead to the destruction of a nation?" Perhaps they lost sight of a stopping point... But well, if it's going to collapse within a year, it must already be in its final stages, so it's unlikely that any intervention will happen.

So, in the end, there's not much that directly involves me. Actually, from now until the start of the original story, there may be a few small incidents, but major events are rare.

The real problems will arise after the original story begins. Within just one year from there, a massive number of events will occur.

As for the East Blue-related matters, let's put them aside. Drum Kingdom changed to Sakura Kingdom, the rebellion in Alabasta was resolved, Baroque Works collapsed, and Crocodile was stripped of his title as a Warlord of the Sea. As for the Sky Island, Enel's rule collapsed.

Then there's the incident in Water 7, which I'll be deeply involved in. If it follows the original story, Enies Lobby will be destroyed. Ace will be captured by Blackbeard, who will become one of the Seven Warlords. Thriller Bark under Moria will be decimated.

And then, there's the assault on the Celestial Dragons at Sabaody Archipelago, the riot and mass escape at Impel Down, and the Summit War at Marineford, which leads to Whitebeard's death.

All of this will happen within a short span of one year, and it feels like a nightmare. No wonder the Five Elders must have been scratching their heads.

Well, for now, my significant involvement will be in Water 7 and Enies Lobby. There might be an explosion in paperwork and such, but there won't be any direct involvement... at least, that's what I hope.

If I'm demoted after the Enies Lobby incident, I won't be swamped with the events at Impel Down and Marineford... that might actually be a good thing.

"Captain, I can see an island."

"I see, even though it's nearby, it's still going to take some time... Should we all use Razor to get back on our way home?"

"No, I think using Razor to travel this distance would drain our stamina."

Kaku responded while shaking his head to my murmurs. As I glanced around, some of the other members seemed pale, realizing it wouldn't be practical.

"But this island looks pretty small."