Ch. 13 The knowledge I possess is limited to what has been depicted in t

The knowledge of the original story is an extremely powerful card that I possess. However, I cannot be overconfident. As an irregular existence, there might be deviations from the original story that I should doubt.

Still, having information is a tremendous advantage, especially knowing about abilities like the Hobby-Hobby Fruit and other one-hit kill abilities. Remembering and strengthening my memory regularly, I recall the story from the beginning, including the dialogues, to avoid losing such valuable information.

In terms of abilities, Devil Fruits belonging to the Paramecia, Zoan, and Logia classes, especially those related to superhuman powers like the Hobby-Hobby Fruit, the Modo-Modo Fruit, and the Uta-Uta Fruit, often bring unique and special effects. However, their activation usually requires direct contact or a specific process, such as singing.

Knowing about such abilities in advance allows me to prepare countermeasures.

While I cannot fully rely on the original story, it still serves as a guide for the timeline. Moreover, my presence as an irregular is not likely to have a significant impact on the original story.

For example, the character Spandam is rarely involved in the main plot outside the Water 7 arc.

Yet, there are some concerns. The newspaper I have in my possession from a few years ago contains an article about Douglas Bullet. Although the details of the Buster Call are hidden, it is undoubtedly an event depicted in the Stampede movie.

The problem is that the Stampede movie is generally considered to be set in a parallel world with a different time and space from the main series.

For instance, considering Stampede, the bounty on the main character Luffy is 1.5 billion after the incident with Big Mom, which would place it between Totland and Wano in terms of the timeline. However, this creates many contradictions.

The Straw Hat crew is all together, Momo and Kin'emon are absent, and Kid, who should be captured by Kaido at this time, is present, among many other discrepancies.

Hence, while I can accept that Stampede is a parallel world, the real issue is determining the basis of this world I am currently in.

The existence of Douglas Bullet doesn't necessarily confirm it as the Stampede world. For example, even if he exists, he might not escape Impel Down, or even if he does, he may never encounter Festa to trigger the events of Stampede.

Well, for now, I shouldn't think too much about it and remain cautious.

"Pochi, coffee, please."

"Yes!"

I put away the old newspaper I was reading and start reviewing some work documents. It has been several years since I became the head of CP5. Recently, I received news about an incident in a certain island kingdom where 500 soldiers were taken hostage by pirates, and a 13-year-old intelligence agent managed to resolve the situation.

This is the episode involving Rob Lucci that was mentioned in the original story. If that's the case, then it must have happened about 17 years ago in the original story or will happen next year when the Amber Lead Syndrome outbreak occurs in Dressrosa, followed by Fisher Tiger's attack on the sacred land, Mariejois.

There are many significant events...

"Captain, here you go."

"Ah."

I take a sip of coffee. The coffee is so delicious that even if it's served at a high price in a shop, I'd still be satisfied. Yeah, Pochi is indeed competent. She serves as a secretary-like position, and there's hardly any criticism to be made. She might be a bit straightforward in her thinking, but it's not a significant issue.

Now, let's get back to my thoughts. There are a few things I need to consider at this time.

One of them is the timing of Spandam's appearance and the Tom incident in the original story. Tom's execution in the main story happened 10 years ago, or 8 years ago at the start of the series. So, there's still some time left... What should I do about this?

In the original story, Spandam negotiates directly with the Five Elder Stars and orchestrates a conspiracy that leads to Tom's execution, although it may seem crude. But, I have no interest in Pluton, and I don't have any particular thoughts about Tom either. In fact, I agree with Franky's opinion on this matter.

Charging Tom with a crime for creating a ship for the Pirate King is ridiculous. Unless they are insane, there's no point in seriously prosecuting such a foolish crime. Tom was not a part of Roger's crew; he was just a shipwright who accepted a commission to build a ship.

If that's a crime, would they prosecute a tailor for selling clothes worn by Roger or a blacksmith for making the weapons he used, or a farmer for producing the food he ate?

Well, the actions of the World Government often leave me puzzled.

Anyway, since I am Spandam, such events as depicted in the original story cannot happen... Or so I should believe. However, I am curious about whether some sort of historical correction exists.

Even if I haven't taken any actions, if events unfold similarly to the original story, it might indicate the presence of some form of correction. As I continue to use the powerful card of original story knowledge, this may become a crucial factor to be cautious of.

"Captain, a new directive has arrived. It seems to be a special order."

"A special order? What is it, exactly?"

I receive the document brought by my subordinate. A special order means it contains content different from the usual instructions. After opening the envelope and checking the document, I find that it pertains to the temporary assignment of a promising future intelligence agent to CP5 to gain experience and complete various missions.

Moreover, of course, the name of the intelligence agent to be temporarily assigned is also written there.

"Rob Lucci."

...The knowledge of the original story is a potent card indeed. However, it goes without saying that my knowledge is limited to what has been depicted in the original story.

This means that unexpected situations like this can still occur. Well then, what should I do...?

***

You can indulge in more than 10 chapters ahead of the regular schedule by visiting our Patreon page and subscribing.

Feel free to explore our Patreon at:

https://www.pat reon.com/KangTL

Your support will enhance our productivity in creating more captivating and wonderful works.