Ch. 4 Warrior's Training

――"My treasure? If you want it, I'll give it to you. Search for it! I left everything in that place!"

A few months ago, with these words spoken by the Pirate King, Gold Roger, just before his death, people were driven to the sea, and the era of the Great Pirates began. Many became pirates, and numerous rookies set their sights on the Grand Line.

However, of course, not only new adventurers were inspired by the words of the Pirate King. Those who were already pirates aimed for his legacy as well.

In the chaotic seas of the latter half of the Grand Line, a single pirate ship was sailing. The crew on board was of a considerable size, and the man serving as the captain had a relatively high bounty on his head.

He was neither a particularly great nor a particularly bad pirate – somewhere in the middle. While he was not on the level to challenge figures like Roger or Whitebeard, his pride prevented him from becoming someone's underling.

Amidst such delicate circumstances, the information about the Pirate King's treasure, "One Piece," suddenly appearing in the Grand Line, was enough to spark a surge of enthusiasm among these men. Even though it was an entirely baseless dream that they could become the next Pirate King by obtaining the One Piece, they sailed on with high spirits.

On that day, the weather was clear, and the wind was calm – an unusual occurrence for the latter half of the Grand Line.

In the somewhat tranquil atmosphere, both the captain and his subordinates relaxed a bit. It was precisely at this moment that a loud sound, like an explosion, echoed through the air.

"What's going on!?"

The captain shouted, and his subordinates looked around the ship, but they couldn't spot anything unusual. However, as they observed their perplexed crewmates, the captain's eyes fell on a strange scene.

In the center of the confused crew, standing on the deck, was a young man with light purple hair tied back and dressed in a dark brown suit. His eyes and nose were black.

While his facial features still bore a hint of youth as he was transitioning from a boy to a young man, the atmosphere he exuded was distinctly different.

"Who's this brat... and how did he sneak in?"

One of the subordinates muttered suspiciously, and the rest, sensing an ominous aura, began to gather around the young man. They had no idea how he had infiltrated the ship or where he had come from.

Gathering around the young man were dozens of subordinates, each of them seasoned enough to have survived as pirates in the Grand Line.

And these subordinates...

"...Razor."

In an instant, it seemed as though the young man's figure blurred, and then, like marionettes whose strings had been cut, they all collapsed.

"What!?"

Witnessing this shocking scene, the captain quickly raced through his thoughts.

"He knocked them all out at once? Haki... no, I didn't sense any Conqueror's Haki. Besides, my men shouldn't be weak enough to faint from ordinary Conqueror's Haki."

Feeling panic rise in his heart, the captain moved his gaze, and his eyes fell on the face of one of the fallen subordinates. A hole that resembled a gunshot wound was visible on the subordinate's forehead, making it clear that he was not unconscious but dead.

"What is this guy...? Did he kill dozens of my men in an instant...?"

A chilling sensation ran down his spine. In the midst of complete silence, the young man's gaze slowly turned to the captain.