Ch. 10 The Fanatic Wags Its Tail

After performing a mysterious bow, I had the girl who possessed the Three Styles stand up, and we obtained permission to use a small conference room where we could continue the conversation.

The girl with the Three Styles was enthusiastically speaking fervently about various things... but most of it was nothing but praise for me, and it didn't seem like flattery; it seemed like she was speaking from her heart.

"...And so?"

"Yes! I want to be of use to you, Captain! Please, I beg you!! Would you please train me?!"

Saying that, she once again lowered her head almost scraping the floor... now, what should I do?

There are benefits to it, sure. It's necessary to secure someone I can train with early on, and although it may take some time, training her in Haki could also be a form of Haki training for me.

The problem is whether this girl can grow to the minimum level required to be my training partner if I train her...

"..."

"..."

I meet the girl's eyes as she lifts her head slightly to look at me... my, my, she has a rather mad look in her eyes. It's quite similar to the eyes I see in the mirror every morning.

Undoubtedly, this girl is harboring deep madness. It may be different from mine, but there's no doubt she's insane. So, is there a possibility...?

"I've asked you this before, but let me ask again. What's your name?"

"I'm Paula Chelsea! Please, call me whatever you like!"

"...Then, let's go with 'Pochi'."

"Yes!"

...She looks happy. Is 'Pochi' fine? Her brown hair, tightly gathered in a single thin strand at the back of her neck, looks like a dog's tail, so it's a fitting nickname.

"...Are you prepared?"

"Yes!"

"Very well. For now, most of the unit is in the process of healing, so we have time... If you have close acquaintances, prepare a will."

I have a few things I'm interested in and want to experiment with, so training Pochi is just right. Well, she might die along the way, but that would be the end of it.
***
A spacious underground training ground with excellent soundproofing. In this reserved place, one girl... Pochi was writhing in agony, spitting out blood.

For those who appreciate the sight of a beautiful girl suffering, it may be a scene to be desired, but for me, I couldn't care less, so I read my book with her screams as the background music.

Pochi is currently undergoing physical transformation using biofeedback. However, it's quite different from what I do.

Well, it wouldn't be realistic to have her undergo the same thing I do. My physical transformation, which evolves each cell one by one... I'm still doing it regularly, but it requires several prerequisites.

I've learned various techniques from multiple qi techniques and martial arts schools worldwide, and I have techniques from over 50 different schools. Well, I've only mastered what's necessary, so I can't say I've mastered all of them...

Then there are various secret medicines and forbidden techniques that could potentially violate the law. Some of them require rare materials, and without my father's connections, it would be difficult to acquire many of these items.

Preparing all that for Pochi is beyond the level of trouble, and I have no intention of going that far.

Therefore, I taught Pochi some qi techniques and had her undergo physical transformation in the form of muscle compression.