Chapter 2-Heartwarming handshake

Rosalie could swear she heard the wrong words but she didn't.

Her eyes widened and joy surged through her like a comet. Her heart fluttered when she digested his words again. He didn't fire her.

He gave her a chance to work. Her heart leaped for joy and a smile broke on her face.

"Yes sir" she chuckled when she found her tongue and she made to walk towards Alexander.

She barely took a foot when the hand grabbed her wrist. It was a painful grip and it caused her to whip her head to Sophia who held her down. Rosalie sucked in her lips at the look of contempt on her face.

Her jaw was tensed and her face was contorted in a frown, "you really think you would work here?" Sophia scoffed and turned to Alexander.

"Did you just say she can start working, Alex? This lady here just walked in on us. She didn't bother to knock and you think she should work with you?" She queried as her blood boiled.

"Yes." It was Alexander's reply and immediately, his gaze was casted to the set of files on his table. Sophia groaned and her teeth clenched together as she gazed at Alexander.

"Really? Just yes? You want her to work here? Can't you see—" Alexander cut her short when he raised his head.

"You were the one who took things out of hand in the office. She made a mistake to have entered the office without knocking but that isn't an issue."

At that word, Sophia shut her eyes tightly until more veins popped up on her forehead. Her grip around Rosalie tightened causing Rosalie to stifle her whimper.

Why wouldn't she let her go?

When Alexander didn't make out any sound, he raised his head and his brows creased into a frown when he saw the scene. Sophia started her usual troubles already, huh?

He scoffed when his orbs took in how she looked. Golly, Sophia! He cleared his throat and they turned to him, "now, she has to work. Let go of her, Sophia."

The grip on Rosalie's hand loosened immediately. Not because of his order but because of the way he called Sophia's name. There was one thing about his accent she loved.

Rosalie forced a smile and headed to Alexander. She straightened her collar and bit hard on her lips when she reached him. Starting from that moment, she had to do her best. He didn't make an issue out of her mistake and she was grateful.

"Here, start by arranging this" he handed her the files on the table and Rosalie nodded. "There's your office" he pointed at the glass door that was coffee colored and had silvery paintings in between them.

She nodded and grabbed the files in her hands. "Do that first and bring them here" Alexander ordered in his deep baritone voice that boomed across the office.

A tingling feeling bloomed through Rosalie's chest at his voice. She couldn't believe she was this close to him. It was a wish coming true.

They locked eyes for a moment but she tore her eyes away from him immediately. She didn't forget there was a third party. Or no, she was the third party.

She clutched tightly to the file, gave a small bow and trudged to her office carefully. She was sure not to disrupt the silence with the sound of her heels clicking against the floor.

She reached her office and as she pushed the door open, the sound of a high pitched hiss filled her ears. She knew where that sound came from but dared not turn.

With a deep breath, she stepped into her office. She wasn't surprised at how large the office was because she expected it. She wasn't only his secretary; she was also his PA.