Chapter 17- Met Williams

Rosalie batted her lashes as she tried to make a meaning out of her words.

She was her boss' date? Was that why he never answered her question?

But why did he take her as his date? Sophia was there, wasn't she?

Despite her doubt, she felt important. He was an elegant man and taking her as his date, a sudden flare of joy bloomed inside of her.

"Oh my" the lady exclaimed and Rosalie turned to her.

"I am Mia" Mia stretched her hands still wondering who Rosalie was. She thought he'd come with Sophia. Why didn't he?

"Rosalie" Rosalie forced a smile and took Mia's hand. Mia's face was full of puzzle but all Rosalie figured out was contempt.

Her insides churned as she wondered who Mia was. Was she some sort of her boss' ex-girlfriend?

"I'll just wait here for Alex" Mia mumbled seeing Alexander didn't reply to her text.

"Hmm" Rosalie forced a hum and averted her gaze back at the ballet dancers. No matter how hard she tried, her brain couldn't register their performance any longer.

She wondered who the lady beside her was. Why wasn't Alexander present? Why'd he leave her in the midst of people she didn't know?

He took her there without an explanation and then, he left her? She scoffed mentally at his behavior.

Mia's phone rang and Rosalie turned to her immediately. Her brows puckered up as she watched Mia scowl.

"Yes, I'm with her Alex. Who's she?"

Rosalie rolled her eyes mentally knowing it was her boss. But why was the lady asking who it was?

"No Alex!" The girl suddenly screamed out and Rosalie forced her orbs back to her. "I'm not representing you in that goddamn meeting!"

Rosalie stared mystified. She really wanted to know what her boss was saying to the lady. A part of her wanted to know what their relationship was.

She scolded that part of herself instantly. Yes, her boss had shared a few moments with her but she was sure there were just mistakes.

She was at fault.

A cheer erupted and Mia stood up, her frown still plastered on her face.

Lonesomeness hit Rosalie as she watched Mia walk away. She sniffed and gripped her clothes. Where was her boss? Where did he go?

She had to call him. She grabbed her phone when Mia dashed back to her with a scowl, "come with"

Huh? Rosalie's brows puckered up as she took the meaning of her words. Come with? To where?

"Ohh common dummy, let's go" Mia huffed and grabbed Rosalie's hand.

"Where are you taking me?" Rosalie queried as she trudged after Mia. Mia scoffed and stopped in her steps.

"You'll talk to him now, okay? You only have to leave the crowd" she deadpanned and Rosalie nodded with a frown.

They got out of the curtain and immediately, Mia punched her phone. "Here, talk to him"

"Rosalie —" Alexander's voice came up and Rosalie blinked rapidly. Heat scourged through her and chills ran across her skin.

"I'll be busy and you stay with Mia, okay? You'll attend business meetings with her. Gather every information needed okay?"

"Alright sir" Rosalie licked her lips as she tried to muster up courage. She had to ask where he was. "Where—" the sound of the call disconnecting made her stop.