Chapter 23- Back to New York

Rosalie sniffed as she held on to Alexander. She gripped his hands tighter when they got off the plane. They were back in New York after she received treatment for a week.

She couldn't believe their trip to Italy was that way. She didn't even enjoy the city. Well, it was her fault.

If she wasn't foolish, everything wouldn't have happened.

The agitation still affected her, sometimes coupled with mild headaches.
"Careful" Alexander led her to the car he got and the driver went to get the luggage.

"Are you okay?" Alexander asked and she nodded. He clicked his tongue and averted his gaze to the surroundings while she gazed at him.

He never talked about what happened between them.
She hoped he wasn't angry with her.
"Sir?" She called and he turned to her. She bit on her lips and sniffed.

"Are you angry? I promise I'm sorry for involving myself in that. I—"

"That's enough" Alexander cut her short. "And I'm not mad." He leaned into the seat as he resisted the urge to pull her close and kiss her.

He knew he had to resist.

Rosalie sighed and stayed still in the car. They were back to New York. They'd be working in the office once again. The driver entered the car and ignited the engine and soon, they were on the way.

"Sir?" Rosalie called, seeing the streets were unfamiliar. "Where is the driver headed to?"

"Your apartment"

Rosalie's puzzle grew further. "My mum's?" She asked and Alexander raised his head to her. The confusion on her face etched her innocence and she looked alluring even though she was pale.

"You're still weak. You can't stay with your mum because she would get worried. I thought it's best to get an apartment for you."

Rosalie swallowed hard and nodded. He could have sought her permission.

"It's okay, right?" Alexander asked when he read the look on her face. She nodded and tore her eyes away from him and he sighed.

He was supposed to take her to his house.
But being with him was dangerous.
He had to show Collins she was just his secretary.

The rest of the drive was in silence as Rosalie wallowed in her thoughts. What'd her mum say? She might just get worried. But she was 22. Her mum definitely should expect her to pack out soon.

Her eyes itched to rest on Aria and she smiled. She missed Aria a lot.

The driver stopped in the apartment and Alexander got out. Rosalie got out after him as the driver helped her carry her luggage out.

"Your apartment is on the second floor" Alexander mumbled and she paused. Wasn't he showing her? "The key, it's room 2 on the second floor" Alexander stretched out the key to her and she took it.

"Have a good rest and be safe."

Rosalie nodded and watched as he walked to the car. Was he really leaving her? He wouldn't show her the apartment he got? She took a deep breath to muster up courage, "are you leaving, sir?"

Alexander paused in his steps. The whole restraint he mustered flew off him and he turned to her, "yes Rosalie, is there a problem?"

She nodded. It was a quick one, "can you at least show me my apartment?" She questioned under her breath and he sighed.

"Okay."

Her heart fluttered and a swarm of heat twirled through her. "Thank you, sir" she whispered and grabbed the luggage but Alexander was quick to grab it from her hold.