Chapter 18- Heated emotions

Rosalie gulped nervously as she tried to keep up with Alexander's pace. His grip on her was tight as he led the way through the crowd.

They walked different hallways until she saw the parking lot. Alexander's grip on her tightened the more as they walked.

"Sir" she released a whimper and Alexander stopped at once. He turned to her and batted his lids.

What did he just do? He whipped his head back and Williams was staring back at them. Did he follow them outside?

"I—" Rosalie bit on her lips and bent down to her legs. She rubbed on her ankle while Alexander examined her legs.

"Are you hurt?" He asked and she stood straight at once.

She shook her head as she stared at him. Why did he come grab her like that? When Alexander averted his gaze, she did too and her eyes rested on Williams.

"Alex" Williams called when he reached them. "Is there a problem?"

Alexander scoffed. "No, there isn't," he replied in a tight voice. He couldn't believe Rosalie didn't miss him. He expected her to be longing for him, then he came and met them together.

"We're leaving now" he spoke again and Williams nodded. "Goodbye, hoping to see you tomorrow."

"Hmm" Alexander nodded and turned to Rosalie. "Let's go Miss Jones."

———

Silence reigned as Alexander drove. Rosalie couldn't believe there was no driver. She wanted to ask questions but decided to keep quiet.

He looked pissed, she better stay in her lane.

She was seated in the front seat while he drove.

At intervals, Alexander spared her a glance. She lured him every time his eyes fed on her face.

"Sir" Rosalie voiced out, unable to keep her curiosity. "Where're you taking me?"

She needed to know. Throughout the day, he kept her at some goddamn party and left. And it was evening, and he was taking her to God knows where again?

"You will—" Alexander was cut short by the thunder strike. He peered outside and saw the lightning accompanied with thunder.

Would there be a storm?

He scoffed and concentrated on his driving.

"Where are you taking me, sir?" Rosalie voiced out once more and he turned to her.

"Somewhere" was his reply as he drove. He knew it was selfish to take her somewhere but he needed quietness with her.

He needed serenity.

It was selfish considering the situation around him but of course, he was selfish with her.

"Okay" Rosalie mumbled and threw her eyes to the trees that surrounded the road. Her mind twirled around but she couldn't pinpoint where he was taking her.

She better not have high hopes.

She remembered he shattered the one for the morning. She fondled her hands and sat still as he drove.

The thunder struck at intervals and Rosalie could see a storm brewing up. She yawned repeatedly as she admired the city of Italy ranging from the trees they sped by to the opulent buildings.

At last, the car halted. Rosalie heaved a sigh of relief as Alexander got down. She did too and she let her eyes dart around.

Her brows creased seeing only a shop was in the area. What surrounded the shop was the open space and fields.